Buck Suggestion Box

Thanks. I did google. To be honest it isnt really grabbing me. Guess i might have to see one in person?
If you search on that big auction site there are several with stag handles, gives it a different look. doesn't take the place of handling one to see if you like it. They are pricey!
Ya, looks more like one of their old kitchen knives with 4" blade, not fond of that style.
You are right in that respect.

I think if ya handle one you will like it..:thumbsup: Kinda slim but feels fast in hand..:cool: I have large hands and I like mine.. Try it out if ya get a chance..:D
John
Yes, that handle is definitely ergonomic and may or may not fit your hand. Preston

The price is what's kept me from buying one. They would make a first rate hunting knife. That's what i want one for. It's hard for me to pay collector prices for a knife I want to use no matter how much i want one.

No i want a knife to look as good as it can as long as it can.

I generally prefer the looks of old and worn over new and shiny , but this is just personal preference and I understand where you're coming from from because my jaw sure did drop when I first pulled my Buck 110 from it's box those years ago.
It was beautiful, I find it more so now but I certainly get it.

Since this thread came back I would love for Buck to add more web specials..I wish I had bought a dozen more of the 285 Flag knives for next year's Christmas presents instead of the 6 I got for the Band..It is the very first page I go to when I go to Bucks site ...I love a bargain!

Since this thread came back I would love for Buck to add more web specials..I wish I had bought a dozen more of the 285 Flag knives for next year's Christmas presents instead of the 6 I got for the Band..It is the very first page I go to when I go to Bucks site ...I love a bargain!
Buck just added 8 knives to the Web Specials yesterday afternoon. Mostly lower price point knives: PakLite, Omni Hunter 10pt, 285 Bantam, Vantage Force, etc...

Last edited:
A gold etch issue for each of the armed forces!!!
Next .. I would love to see Buck finish out the rest of the 50 states gold etch 110s !!!

Just purchased the Reaper from those web specials. Dont need it, just want it!

I noticed that yesterday too..The Reaper caught my eye but I got one for my Birthday last year. A great Buck! I used it as a truck Buck and when I couldn't find my machete I put 5 hours whacking weed's and vines with it. I learned the hard way to look when over the years Buck put build out 112's on and were sold out in hours. I still haven't figured out how to make my phone screem alarms when I get a email from Buck..

I'd like a 110 with a scandi blade, also a USA made slip joint that looks traditional

I have a 110 drop point "flat grind". Buck's "flat grind" is moderately high flat saber grind, not a full flat grind. I've not put it through its paces yet in terms of wood crafting but I expect to throw curls better than the hollow grinds.

Note, I put convexed micro edges on my true scandi blades and don't do traditional full bevel sharpening (unless the knife needs to be profiled). Call me a heretic.

Anyway... Buck's flat grind is scandi-ish.

I have a 110 drop point "flat grind". Buck's "flat grind" is moderately high flat saber grind, not a full flat grind. I've not put it through its paces yet in terms of wood crafting but I expect to throw curls better than the hollow grinds.

Note, I put convexed micro edges on my true scandi blades and don't do traditional full bevel sharpening (unless the knife needs to be profiled). Call me a heretic.

Anyway... Buck's flat grind is scandi-ish.

That sounds really cool, is it something from the custom shop? (I'll go look)

I also wish the regular line of fixed blades came available as spear or drop points, Buck seems obsessed with clips!

I also wish the regular line of fixed blades came available as spear or drop points, Buck seems obsessed with clips!
When there’s a high percentage of customers who prefer the clip points then it would be obvious that they would have a higher percentage of production of clip points. There are some like me that use that more pointed end but I also have drop points for when the task makes it more beneficial. They’ve sold a lot of them so they must know what they’re doing.

Sorry, I should have said...

Copper and Clad.

I like their 300 series pocketknives. I just wish they had many, many more choices for handle materials. Maybe put one in the custom shop. Jigged bone, smooth bone in many colors, and a lot of new wood handles would be fantastic. Have they ever made a jigged bone version?
Larry

Back