Bug-out blades?

I have a BOB with a MMD INFI, a B8LE, and a INFI RMD, but I don't keep it in the truck because visible stuff gets stolen in the Bay Area all the time. So I keep a TRASH 1 and a TRASH 2 out of sight under the seat. I also keep a Silky saw, a blanket, two lighters, a small tarp, small First Aide kit, para cord and a wide mouth stainless bottle. Much more than that and there's a good chance of theft.

I'm getting my widows tinted illegally dark this week to help keep the thieves guessing.

Last edited:
The ratweiler is a great choice for a one-knife solution, if you must only have one. 3 is even better.

12v3Mh0l.jpg

I might give the NFSH a tie for 1st place as well, since it's a little nimbler in the handle if things get dicey with the locals.
l2rd7Hwl.jpg

What I actually carry is a boker tech-tool, or similar multi-tool, with a saw and glass breaker. I live in a suburban environment so I don't have to worry about hoofing it home too much. I do carry a folding shovel a small mechanics tool chest in the car as well. My biggest concern is that it's illegal to have large hunting sized knives (whatever that is) when it's not hunting season, supposedly. I haven't quite figured out if something larger, like a machete, is considered a weapon or a tool around these parts. It's easier to carry a gun for protection than a knife in my neck of the US, which is really odd.

Kinda urban around here, so currently a TG'14 in a nice Rainwalker ambi-carry leather sheath, a Sniper Hawk in kydex, & an Emerson KACK.
Got Caswell Morphing Karambit v2's (MKV2) incoming, one will join them after I drop in a serrated blade I ordered with them.
My Custom Shop 'Squatch variant, a CGFBM & a BATAC are always nearby & ready to be grabbed up in a hurry if needed.

Kinda urban around here, so currently a TG'14 in a nice Rainwalker ambi-carry leather sheath, a Sniper Hawk in kydex, & an Emerson KACK.
Got Caswell Morphing Karambit v2's (MKV2) incoming, one will join them after I drop in a serrated blade I ordered with them.
My Custom Shop 'Squatch variant, a CGFBM & a BATAC are always nearby & ready to be grabbed up in a hurry if needed.

Hmmm ... Squatch Variant, you say??
Photo, please!

I always have my RMD INFI in a kydex sheath with a g clip in the truck (in the center console) as well as my MSe in a Pirtlemade EDC sheath (in the door) and my big blade at the moment is a ASHBM le but sometimes it's a B10 le, a Basic 11, or if I'm feeling super fancy, my SHBM. Once I get a sheath for my BB13s, they will probably take that spot though as they, along with either (or both :D) of the smaller 2, would cover all the bases.

Other than those, my truck is full of tools as it's a work truck but I need to make myself a GHB as my tools are very disorganized. It will have to be fairly small so as to not infringe on my stuff.

I don't have a BOB in the strictest sense, but my daypack is always near the door...

SYKCO 1311...sometimes you just want that much reach...it's quite light for its size, so there's A LOT of bang fer your buck

Basic 8LE...ol #85 an me are fast friends

BattleSaw...not currently in a bag, but she's definitely BOB-worthy...

HPnoBZk.jpg

Last edited:
My get home gear in the truck has a Martin knives apparo in it. My holy shit gear at home for ready to repel borders has fmv8 on my battle belt.

So, maybe a different tack on the general discussion. Dividing up into classes.

Team Gemini is my go to blade. A version of that is (so far) always in my layers. Full size, that is. So far all I have is the BGTG, TGA2, and FTG. But one of those is gonna play prominently in the preps. It’s not the best at anything, except maybe fighting. But I THINK it’ll do that, while doing a lot of other things acceptably. Also possoble are the FSH knives. BGFSH, NFFSH, and a host of others.

Then you there’s the smaller, more bushcrafty type blade. Or field dressing and skinning. Medium game capable. That is going to be knives like the HOG Badger, BG BATAC, DS6, Rodent 6, TGM-A2, TGM, etc. there are lots more. Many that will do better than these. But these I’m familiar with.

Finally there is the “EDC,” apocalypse style. OBVIOUSLY the RMD, or ANY variant thereof. Scrapper 5 (or 4, although I don’t have one). Park Ranger. Maybe Jackmandu. Rodent 3, 4, 5(?) (? I don’t have one). But that sort.

Opposite end: choppers. BB13 is what I have. But... 1311? MOABOLO?

Swords? HNWS is a BEAST. Always. Just plain beastly. You better have your upper body strength in order. Waki? Rucki? AK47? Getting well outside my strong points here. H.U.C.K.?

There are plenty of others that will be possibilities. Fitting into the various classes. But these are ones I’m familiar with. And many I already own.

And this is just the way I’ve tended to break them down.

Beretta Nano and an ASH1 live in the car...

I'm too old to BugOut :) BugIn sponsored by Bushmaster, Benelli, Glock and an FMV8.

Back