Bug-out blades?

Yeah. I'm all about keeping a knife and gun to help me get home to a bunch more knives and guns.

This is kinda my philosophy, but I also keep a BOB in case I have to leave home. I keep the minimal get home stuff in my truck (knives, water container, fire making, blanket, small tarp, poncho, first aid, and self defense), Then I also keep a BOB that is better equipped at home in case I get flushed out of my home.

Its always possible that the Gov will "evacuate" you from your home without notice, so having a BOB ready to go is a good idea in my opinion.

I would try to leave before they come and move me out, trying to take some weapons before they get to you.

The other option is to have a cache away from home.

I agree that bugging-in is best if you can do it.

Last edited:
This is kinda my philosophy, but I also keep a BOB in case I have to leave home. I keep the minimal get home stuff in my truck (knives, water container, fire making, blanket, small tarp, poncho, first aid, and self defense), Then I also keep a BOB that is better equipped at home in case I get flushed out of my home.

Its always possible that the Gov will "evacuate" you from your home without notice, so having a BOB ready to go is a good idea in my opinion.

I would try to leave before they come and move me out, trying to take some weapons before they get to you.

The other option is to have a cache away from home.

I agree that bugging-in is best if you can do it.
My get home bag is stocked well enough to serve as a bug out bag just for me, but I have a wife and three small kids. If an emergency ever came about that I thought that we all might have to leave our home it would have to be a pretty epic event and I think I could have us out the door in under a half hour. Even sooner if leaving by car is still an option. I keep all of our camping gear in plastic totes that could be tossed in the truck really quickly.

My get home bag is stocked well enough to serve as a bug out bag just for me, but I have a wife and three small kids. If an emergency ever came about that I thought that we all might have to leave our home it would have to be a pretty epic event and I think I could have us out the door in under a half hour. Even sooner if leaving by car is still an option. I keep all of our camping gear in plastic totes that could be tossed in the truck really quickly.

Yeah, I have a wife and 2 kids (one just started college this year) so I feel ya. I assembled a BOB for each in case we were unable to leave in our vehicles. But like I said I would try to leave (in our vehicles) before someone came and told me to get on a bus cuz I ain't going to a camp.

BOBs are for when I don't have time to load stuff up. I keep all my gear and Mountain House food ready to go, but for us it is possible to end up on foot, a bicycle, a boat, or on a motorcycle, and that's when a BOB is useful. JMHO

Back