BUSSE badger attack CG vs Nano Fusion Badger attack vs BG

Hello guys and gals, Im kinda new when it’s become to BUSSE knives, recently I purchase the original Fusion Steel Heart which was made 2004, and I really liked it.
Now I’m trying to expand my collection. I’m interested of Badger attack CG and Nano Fusion Badger attack. I would like to see a pictures of these two knives next to each other, If anybody could post a picture here I would be grateful, Also I want to know what are the differences between the CG and the BG.
Any help or picture comparisons would help me greatly guys.
According to my understanding CG is made of INFI and BG is made of SR101. Or Am I wrong?

Last edited:
T
There are a few examples of each pictured together in the recent grab bag thread.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...rab-bag-scores-lets-see-what-you-got.1700563/

I believe that is correct for Busse (CG=infi, BG=sr101), but I have seen swamp Rat sr101 marked as CG. Need a more seasoned Hog to verify that detail.
Thanks a lot for the link, I would like to see a Badger CG and NFBA next to each other, I found some pictures of Badger CG and Ratmandu next to each other, it looks that Badger CG has much beefier blade in comparison with Ratmandu.

I believe that is correct for Busse (CG=infi, BG=sr101), but I have seen swamp Rat sr101 marked as CG. Need a more seasoned Hog to verify that detail.

You are correct regarding Busse CG and BG... Swamp Rat regular offering of the RMD is currently labeled as CG on Busse's website. I know, it does get a tad confusing... But I think CG just stands for "coated", with no change in steel from its "normal offering", while "battle grade" denotes a "step down" in steel (INFI to SR-101).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

You are correct regarding Busse CG and BG... Swamp Rat regular offering of the RMD is currently labeled as CG on Busse's website. I know, it does get a tad confusing... But I think CG just stands for "coated", with no change in steel from its "normal offering", while "battle grade" denotes a "step down" in steel (INFI to SR-101).

I thought CG stand for “Combat Grade”, but again, I’m new to BUSSE, and I am far from being sure about it.

SRKW (Swamp Rat Knife Works) standard CG's are SR-101
Busse Combat standard CG's are INFI.
If they vary from this, they are marked differently from each company's standard maker's mark, i.e. Busse "Battle Grade" for SR-101 versions or SRKW models marked with INFI when that steel is used.

I thought CG stand for “Combat Grade”, but again, I’m new to BUSSE, and I am far from being sure about it.
You're absolutely right, CG and BG do stand for " Combat Grade and Battle Grade. I just meant Combat Grade meant "coated" (as opposed to satin or double cut), and Battle Grade stood for "SR-101 by Busse".

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse ya more!

Well said, Imcq, except I might offer that some - by no means all or even most - would not call SR 101 a "'step down' in steel," as some prefer it to INFI, or at least for particular purposes/applications. That said, yes, of course, as a matter of pricing it is a tier down from INFI. Anyway, now that I write this I realize that you might have meant it that way and I do not intend to quibble so I hope no offense is taken. I only make the comment as this good fellow is self-admittedly new to Busse/Kin.

Hello guys and gals, Im kinda new when it’s become to BUSSE knives, recently I purchase the original Fusion Steel Heart which was made 2004, and I really liked it.
Now I’m trying to expand my collection. I’m interested of Badger attack CG and Nano Fusion Badger attack. I would like to see a pictures of these two knives next to each other, If anybody could post a picture here I would be grateful, Also I want to know what are the differences between the CG and the BG.
Any help or picture comparisons would help me greatly guys.
According to my understanding CG is made of INFI and BG is made of SR101. Or Am I wrong?

Hi, Ramka! Hey, you say a CG Badger Attack. LOTS of types of Badgers out there, and many Badger Attacks, though the Combat Grade limits it more. Just want to make sure exactly which Badger (Attack) in which you are most interested. Can you post a pic of the one that drew your interest?

Well said, Imcq, except I might offer that some - by no means all or even most - would not call SR 101 a "'step down' in steel," as some prefer it to INFI, or at least for particular purposes/applications. That said, yes, of course, as a matter of pricing it is a tier down from INFI. Anyway, now that I write this I realize that you might have meant it that way and I do not intend to quibble so I hope no offense is taken. I only make the comment as this good fellow is self-admittedly new to Busse/Kin.
Hey Kenneth! No offense taken. I did mean it as in a step down in pricing. I'm one of those you speak of, that *do not* think SR-101 is inferior to INFI, but just different. And in smaller blades, and in most of my uses, actually prefer the better edge holding quality of SR-101 over the added toughness of INFI. (And I really don't mind the slightly lower price tag, as it allows me to buy more :D)

Hey Kenneth! No offense taken. I did mean it as in a step down in pricing. I'm one of those you speak of, that *do not* think SR-101 is inferior to INFI, but just different. And in smaller blades, and in most of my uses, actually prefer the better edge holding quality of SR-101 over the added toughness of INFI. (And I really don't mind the slightly lower price tag, as it allows me to buy more :D)
Yup. Well said. That is definitely the camp I am in. Even in a big chopper, I haven't found SR101 to be lacking (but I haven't tried chopping steel or bricks). That stuff just plain holds an actual sharp edge ridiculously well.

Ah, good. Whew! As stated, I figured as much!

I thought CG stand for “Combat Grade”, but again, I’m new to BUSSE, and I m far from being sure about it.
Hi, Ramka! Hey, you say a CG Badger Attack. LOTS of types of Badgers out there, and many Badger Attacks, though the Combat Grade limits it more. Just want to make sure exactly which Badger (Attack) in which you are most interested. Can you post a pic of the one that drew your interest?
I believe the one that I’m looking for has the these characteristic:

BATAC CG INFI
Length: 5.00
Total length: 10.75
The above info I found it on Bussecollector.com.

Yup. Well said. That is definitely the camp I am in. Even in a big chopper, I haven't found SR101 to be lacking (but I haven't tried chopping steel or bricks). That stuff just plain holds an actual sharp edge ridiculously well.

Awesome, and of course not the first time I have heard this. Just got my first BG/SR-101 recently (BG SFNO) and am looking forward to finding out for myself!

I thought CG stand for “Combat Grade”, but again, I’m new to BUSSE, and I m far from being sure about it.

I believe the one that I’m looking for has the these characteristic:

BATAC CG INFI
Length: 5.00
Total length: 10.75
The above info I found it on Bussecollector.com.

AhHa! That definitely helps us here in order for someone to either locate the right pic comparison or snap one of their own knives for you! I was wondering and for some reason had a hunch it was a BATAC (Badger Attack with TAC style handle, I believe). Thanks for the pic, though good luck scoring one in that much-sought after Snakeskin! Folks either seem to love or hate the TAC handle. All depends on your mitt and personal preferences, I suppose. BATAC's are very cool blades, man. What a cool potential choice early on! They do come up on the exchange - in fact there were several very recently, including quite possibly a CG or two. Run a search there? And if you did not know, it IS a real buyer's market of late - a Huge change.

And yes, it is my understanding as well that CG stands for Combat Grade.

zRyU0Cl

Here is the picture of the Badger Attack that I’m looking for, the seller does not mention much about it, except that it’s a “Badger Attack with INFI”, and the blade length which is 5”, so I’m assuming this is the CG version.

zRyU0Cl

Here is the picture of the Badger Attack that I’m looking for, the seller does not mention much about it, except that it’s a “Badger Attack with INFI”, and the blade length which is 5”, so I’m assuming this is the CG version.

Ramka, the pic does not work. Would be happy to look at the actual knife, but need a working pic or link.

Oh. Possibly need a Gold membership to post pics? Though you made it work before somehow with that Snakeskin BATAC.

If it is coated, then it is a CG.

Yup, there are BG's as well (thought I recalled that). Though your seller says ". . . with INFI," do be careful re the seller and their reputation and the marketplace and location of sale. Fakes/forgeries abound, as you may well be aware. Best bet for such a purchase - especially for someone new to the Busse game - is the Exchange right here.

The BG's will be coated and clearly marked "Battle Grade." Though a BG could be stripped and one might not know if the mark did not survive the process.

Back