BUSSE badger attack CG vs Nano Fusion Badger attack vs BG

Awesome, and of course not the first time I have heard this. Just got my first BG/SR-101 recently (BG SFNO) and am looking forward to finding out for myself!
After I moved into my current house I had a huge pile of cardboard boxes that I had to cut up. Up until that time I had only bought INFI but I happened to get a Battle Grade Boss Jack in a grab bag, so for the first time I got to really get a good feel of the two steels in a side by side comparison. Been a lover of SR101 ever since.

After I moved into my current house I had a huge pile of cardboard boxes that I had to cut up. Up until that time I had only bought INFI but I happened to get a Battle Grade Boss Jack in a grab bag, so for the first time I got to really get a good feel of the two steels in a side by side comparison. Been a lover of SR101 ever since.

Clampdaddy, which performed “better” on nasty cardboard?

You are correct regarding Busse CG and BG... Swamp Rat regular offering of the RMD is currently labeled as CG on Busse's website. I know, it does get a tad confusing... But I think CG just stands for "coated", with no change in steel from its "normal offering", while "battle grade" denotes a "step down" in steel (INFI to SR-101).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
The difference used to be CG as opposed to LE- Limited Edition which Busse used to offer along with the standard CG. LE's cost more, & varied, but usually satin finished & mostly with Tigerhide micarta. LE's varied in thickness to the CG sometimes..but not always. CG's also used to come uncoated- was an upcharge option for DCBB & satin finish at order. (ASH-1 CG & LE run is a good example of varying CG versions with an LE offering) & LE's are usually serial numbered...usually.
Rules often change, for instance Tank Buster CG's had over 3,000 combo options offered & 2 LE variations :D

Clampdaddy, which performed “better” on nasty cardboard?
For me SR101 kept an edge capable of shaving hair from my arm markedly longer than INFI did. It wasn't scientific or anything. I just made sure not to hit any staples to keep it fair. I started with my Son of Badger and when I noticed it wasnt cutting as well I tested the edge against my arm and then set it aside. Then I grabbed the BG Boss Jack and finished the bigger half of the project and it felt almost as sharp as when I started. It wasnt "hair popping sharp" anymore but it would still take hair off.

For me SR101 kept an edge capable of shaving hair from my arm markedly longer than INFI did. It wasn't scientific or anything. I just made sure not to hit any staples to keep it fair. I started with my Son of Badger and when I noticed it wasnt cutting as well I tested the edge against my arm and then set it aside. Then I grabbed the BG Boss Jack and finished the bigger half of the project and it felt almost as sharp as when I started. It wasnt "hair popping sharp" anymore but it would still take hair off.

Thank you. Assuming the SOB and BG BJ both started out equally sharp, that sounds like as good a test as any!

Hi, Ramka! Hey, you say a CG Badger Attack. LOTS of types of Badgers out there, and many Badger Attacks, though the Combat Grade limits it more. Just want to make sure exactly which Badger (Attack) in which you are most interested. Can you post a pic of the one that drew your interest?
It seems that I need to be a gold member in order to upload pictures here, but here is the link over the exact knife.

https://www.hyattgunstore.com/busse-combat-badger-attack-fixed-blade-knife.html

Yup, there are BG's as well (thought I recalled that). Though your seller says ". . . with INFI," do be careful re the seller and their reputation and the marketplace and location of sale. Fakes/forgeries abound, as you may well be aware. Best bet for such a purchase - especially for someone new to the Busse game - is the Exchange right here.

The BG's will be coated and clearly marked "Battle Grade." Though a BG could be stripped and one might not know if the mark did not survive the process.
I use to contact Amy at Busse, and send some pictures over the knife, and she can verify it, I mean worse case I can send it to the Busse and have it verified, specially if you buy it from eBay, you have some good time on you to return the item in case of forgery counterfeit.
It happened me one time, it was a ZT300 though, and I got my money back.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Though your seller says ". . . with INFI," do be careful re the seller and their reputation and the marketplace and location of sale. Fakes/forgeries abound, as you may well be aware. Best bet for such a purchase - especially for someone new to the Busse game - is the Exchange right here.

Agree about the Exchange, but are there really that many fakes out there?

Agree about the Exchange, but are there really that many fakes out there?

Well, I of course do not know numbers. I don't work for the correct fed agency that tracks Chinese intellectual property violations, whatever that might be. But there are of course tons and tons of fake knives by any number of makers. While there might not be thousands of an individual maker's specific design, there are almost certainly thousands overall out there. Chinese fakes are a huge issue in the fine watch industry, as you make know (that being another area of my personal obsession). It is a bit of an issue of principal for me. I am not sure the numbers matter much if you were the one who ended up getting taken. I worry the most about someone who is knew to Busse (or another fine maker/manufacturer), as they are most likely to be taken in by a super-low price offered on a fake. Just lookin' out for him is all. Don't mean to make assumptions about anyone's acumen or be condescending/patronize.

Well, I of course do not know numbers. I don't work for the correct fed agency that tracks Chinese intellectual property violations, whatever that might be. But there are of course tons and tons of fake knives by any number of makers. While there might not be thousands of an individual maker's specific design, there are almost certainly thousands overall out there. Chinese fakes are a huge issue in the fine watch industry, as you make know (that being another area of my personal obsession). It is a bit of an issue of principal for me. I am not sure the numbers matter much if you were the one who ended up getting taken. I worry the most about someone who is knew to Busse (or another fine maker/manufacturer), as they are most likely to be taken in by a super-low price offered on a fake. Just lookin' out for him is all. Don't mean to make assumptions about anyone's acumen or be condescending/patronize.
Kenneth, after the last post that you mentioned about the “fake” BUSSE knives, I got a bit worried about the two BUSSE knives that I purchased online, I called BUSSE yesterday and I’m about to send the knives in for resharpening and make sure these are the legit BUSSE knives. I thank you for that, I was not at all into that there might be a fake one out there, sometimes you trust people the way you are yourself.

Kenneth, after the last post that you mentioned about the “fake” BUSSE knives, I got a bit worried about the two BUSSE knives that I purchased online, I called BUSSE yesterday and I’m about to send the knives in for resharpening and make sure these are the legit BUSSE knives. I thank you for that, I was not at all into that there might be a fake one out there, sometimes you trust people the way you are yourself.

I am really glad that you took no offense. Thank you. Yeah, they have been spotted and a search on this forum will bring a few up where folks posted a pic and asked if it was legit. (If you find a "Busse folder" (not a Rat Trap), it is most assuredly a fake!) You can always post a pic here and it will be sorted out by the all-knowing Hogs (I do not pretend to be an expert). But nothing wrong at all with sending your knife into The Shop for some sharpening, etc!

It seems that I need to be a gold member in order to upload pictures here, but here is the link over the exact knife.

https://www.hyattgunstore.com/busse-combat-badger-attack-fixed-blade-knife.html

That looks like a genuine INFI Badger Attack TAC (BATAC). That particular knife would have originally been sold through the now-defunct Busse Company Store in late July 2007. Here's a picture of mine for comparison:

bkbPMxk.jpg

It was described on the Company Store website as: "Badger Attack - CG grade, black crinkle with blue-black G-10." It's not at all like the blue-black G10 I've seen lately, and if I didn't know from the description what it was (I still have the email from the BCS), I don't think I'd be able to positively identify it.

They didn't offer multicolor G10 handles on the original BATAC run. That one was a Busse Company Store exclusive that probably sold out in a matter of hours.

Rha
That looks like a genuine INFI Badger Attack TAC (BATAC). That particular knife would have originally been sold through the now-defunct Busse Company Store in late July 2007. Here's a picture of mine for comparison:

bkbPMxk.jpg

It was described on the Company Store website as: "Badger Attack - CG grade, black crinkle with blue-black G-10." It's not at all like the blue-black G10 I've seen lately, and if I didn't know from the description what it was (I still have the email from the BCS), I don't think I'd be able to positively identify it.

They didn't offer multicolor G10 handles on the original BATAC run. That one was a Busse Company Store exclusive that probably sold out in a matter of hours.
Thanks a lot for the picture, I will try to send a picture of mine, I will get it later today, finger crossed, it will be the real deal hopefully.

Back