Busses and Guns

Choppasaurus & Ruger Security 380

c8pdAb5.jpg

No worries.
It was difficult to tell from the angle. And not sure I could even then.
But they sure are purty!
Oh heck yeah! The 19 & 27 are so very much alike - they may be identical- I can usually tell a 27 by the tapered barrel - especially from a 29 that doesn't have the tapered barrel
The 6" is a 27-2 (1977)
The 3.5" is a 27-2 as well but, an S Prefix from 1968 - April to be exact 😃

Oh heck yeah! The 19 & 27 are so very much alike - they may be identical- I can usually tell a 27 by the tapered barrel - especially from a 29 that doesn't have the tapered barrel
The 6" is a 27-2 (1977)
The 3.5" is a 27-2 as well but, an S Prefix from 1968 - April to be exact 😃
The 27 is the N frame and a bigger boy in hand than the model 19. M19 is a K frame same as a model 10. But yes, both 19 and 27 and stellar guns. I’m a bit of a 19 fanboy myself. Can’t have too many.

Not sure if I've posted my Bul Armory Government 1911....but, she's the finest 1911 I've ever fired. The action is like she's on ball bearing, the trigger breaks like a glass rod at 3 pounds and she's dead nutz on outta the box. Just absolutely incredible for $890 shipped back when I got her (2019?)
By far more than any gun I've shot she most closely reminds me of my Sig Sauer German X5 MasterShop pistols. She's that smooth.
I just couldn't believe how nice it shot...?still can't!
20231203_130637.jpg

Nice McLaren! Wow, I kind of spaced out for a sec staring into those grip slabs... trippy af... I get ya on the smooth. I have a Llama 1911 style, double stack (cheap noise maker). Firing it, it's like baling hay using a John Deere from the 1940's. On the other hand my buddy has a Colt, single stack comp thing. the difference in the experience was an ocean apart. That's when I got it. You don't know until ya know.

Nice McLaren! Wow, I kind of spaced out for a sec staring into those grip slabs... trippy af... I get ya on the smooth. I have a Llama 1911 style, double stack (cheap noise maker). Firing it, it's like baling hay using a John Deere from the 1940's. On the other hand my buddy has a Colt, single stack comp thing. the difference in the experience was an ocean apart. That's when I got it. You don't know until ya know.
That's right my brother- smooth & on target 🍻

Back