Bye Bye Pocket Clips!

I leave the clips on. Then I clip to pocket or drop in pocket as needed.
Today is Small 21 loose in pocket cuz my jeans have smaller slash pocket than the cargo shorts and my Umnumzaan in a CRK belt pouch.

Pocket clips or belt sheath for me for my Buck 110's and 112's that came with them, and the clips must be able to be reversed for lefty carry. Really dislike the feel of a pocket knife loose in my pocket. With a clip or belt sheath I know where the knife is, and just as importantly, it's orientation when I reach for it. The only knives I might carry without a sheath or clip would be a SAK or peanut, IF I was wearing jeans with the 5th/watch pocket. But it would be in addition to my primary knife. Just what works for me.

I usually leave them, but yesterday I removed the clip from my Chaparral raffir noble, it just looks better and feels better in the hand too. Today though I added two Leatherman clips to two of my Opinels.

i find pocket clips useful for keeping lint out of the mechanics of a folding knife, but then again i de-lint my pockets periodically, sometimes the knife will lay sideways in the pocket and feel weird, different strokes i guess (pun intended)

Back