C12BN - Matriarch Flat Ground Brown FRN

Of course .......being a limited run. If the tip breakage is covered under warranty.....how will they have enough replacement folders made to send back to owners who break the tips?

They probably won't if everyone breaks them off lol. I think this is a fairly common thing, in regards to warranty replacements in general, where somebody needs an old model of something replaced or fixed and it isn't made anymore. I'd imagine an equivalent new/newer model won't be sent out.

I think there was a story where a Spyderco knife went in for fixing/replacing and they sent out a copy of the knife somebody was carrying at the office since there was no other way to replace it. Not sure if I am mistaken on this one or not though.

Of course .......being a limited run. If the tip breakage is covered under warranty.....how will they have enough replacement folders made to send back to owners who break the tips?

I doubt it will be. They are making 600 of each plain and serrated, once they are gone, that's it. I don't think they should replace the knife if the tip breaks, that would be really be abuse at that point. Unless like Deacon stated, if there is a genuine proven defect in the steel, which is highly unlikely.

99% of the knives Spyderco has ever sold were intended for "general utility" use. They have never warranted any of them against tip breakage. Broken tips have always been assumed to be the result of abuse or accident. Why anyone would think they'd make an exception for such damage to a knife with a particularly long, slender tip is beyond me.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Been away for awhile, and LOOK what Spyderco does! Gotta get me a pair of these!

I hear ya!

I was looking and looking when I found one BNIB for 55 bucks on another forum.

Sadly I was beat by someone else. Then about a week or two later after forgetting about the knife I get an email saying that the other guy backed out and it was mine if I still wanted it. Did I take it... Your damn right!

Keep an eye out and you will find one.

I ordered one in late July. The website stated it was in stock, but I later received a message that it was back ordered and I could expect it in a couple weeks.

Couple weeks pass and I get another e-mail pushing it back to early September.

I looked around for another source and struck out.

Having been pleased with the fine folks of Newgraham in the past, I asked them to notify me if another showed up.

I didn't have much hope they'd find one for me.

Much to my delight, I received an email from Annie at Newgraham saying they had one in stock if I was interested.

I called and spoke with Annie, who couldn't have been more pleasant, and let her know I was still very interested! :D

She said it'd be in the mail today (along with a G-10 Crossbill :eek:).

Thanks Newgraham and Annie, you guys rock! :thumbup:

I ordered one in late July. The website stated it was in stock, but I later received a message that it was back ordered and I could expect it in a couple weeks.

Couple weeks pass and I get another e-mail pushing it back to early September.

I looked around for another source and struck out.

Having been pleased with the fine folks of Newgraham in the past, I asked them to notify me if another showed up.

I didn't have much hope they'd find one for me.

Much to my delight, I received an email from Annie at Newgraham saying they had one in stock if I was interested.

I called and spoke with Annie, who couldn't have been more pleasant, and let her know I was still very interested! :D

She said it'd be in the mail today (along with a G-10 Crossbill :eek:).

Thanks Newgraham and Annie, you guys rock! :thumbup:

Awesome! New Graham is superb for customer service. You're lucky to have found a Matriarch. I think they are about sold out everywhere.

Question to brown Matriarch owners - are your knife have a "notice..." tag and a history letter? I've bought 3 knives - the letter only in one box, no tags.

Last edited:
Question to brown Matriarch owners - are your knife have a "notice..." tag and a history letter? I've bought 3 knives - the letter only in one box, no tags.
Best we've been able to determine is that none of the Matriarchs from the first run, with a date code on the box of GJ had tags and all of the ones from the second run with a date code of IJ have them. All should have the letter. Did you buy all three of yours from dealers?

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Thank you again for help. All 3 are GJ and all them are same order from knifeworks.

Back