Cabin Visit

I recall a case study which im sure the details are not very accurate but overall it was this- for years kids have been using a path to get to their bus stop, the path went through someones yard and every owner of the house in the past didnt mind at all. But a new owner didnt like the kids using this path that went through his yard. A court case followed and the ruling was since it was a a path for x amount of years, it would remain a path. Or something like that. Details are probably wrong but the point is the established path won out.

my inlaws have property on a lake and behind their property is a community dock. The thing is, the first half of the dirt road is on their property. The dirt road then turns away from their property and goes to the community dock. They cant stop people from going down that road. Theres all sorts of people that go down the road about half are pretty sketchy. Not to mention the late night partiers.

Coolio. An new pics of that trip? Sounds fun. So the deeds thing sounds like it was more of a word of mouth between the lady and the others, but nothing in the deeds stating such river access? And them going across your property to the river can be annoying, even if you are good hearted about it. Technically they are in the wrong when things changed, they should respect that. I applaud your fun during that hot trip.

Yeah, I took a few, but never made a thread for them. Same ol. I have never seen any of their deeds, just listening to what they say. Like I said, one owner said they have no claim to it anymore, as it expired some years ago. I believe the other person just wants to lay claim so he can still access the river that way. I understand. If I had access for years, then got it taken away, I would still want to go down there. As long as nobody effs with my stuff, I have no problem with it. If something gets stolen, they will hear about it, haha. I'm not bashful about that kind of stuff. A new owner down there did get a few propane tanks stolen. He kept them in an unlocked shed. He wanted to build another gate, but that wouldn't stop anyone from stealing. He has since set up cameras on his property.

Here's photos from Labor Day. Not going to give commentary, but they're self explanatory:

Thanks man, we had fun despite the heat. Definitely wanted to show the 4 some love. I chopped down the two small trees in the before and after photos above. About all I did with it. Great knife.

This thread needs more stoves.

Good pics as always. Nice to see your 4 getting some dirt time.
I actually posted a thread on the stove forum, haha. I know the same old photos get old here.

Love using the different stoves. I started my collection in January. I think I have 23 vintage stoves now.

Your BK4 and BK9 both look awesome with how you have worn off the coating with use. I personally prefer that look to just stripping it...

Your BK4 and BK9 both look awesome with how you have worn off the coating with use. I personally prefer that look to just stripping it...
Thanks man. Couldn't agree more. Like the worn look.

What? More than one knife on a trip?!? The weight you save not taking so many extra tools like that means you can take more prepared energy drinks and more important fancy fu fu stuff! And less weight lets you farce march longer and faster so you can't see the nice scenery and cover more and more and more distance! And if your to tired to do any thing to get to your target destination on your smart phone that means you succeeded as you conk out and finally fall asleep! (To what illogical point I never figured that out.) And then next day have to farce march back again with no food or water as you went for weight savings to go faster and farther as possible!

Wow nice pictures! It makes me realized how spoiled and lucky I am to live in an area and have the old farm stead where I got lots of wilderhood animals alive and all I need do is steal...er...borrow...my sister's canoe (She steals the old farm stead every other weekend :D ) to on the watery ways with lots of public access around. Some say "Its not much of a place!" but then its mine and not theirs

For me now a days its wheelical camping but still I go just to get away from EVERY ONE (people I know that is ;)) over loading my out doorsy gear, taking my time looking wilderhood stuff about admiring it or force myself to (I make those memories and realize way later how glad I was I did it, its a getting older...er more EXPERIENCED syndrome I guess). And watching them farced marchers go by pointing out how I carried to much gear and got tired and had to camp where I was as I'm eating what ever good food I brought with me, or this time of year the fresh critters that got in my "Firing Pan". I have a good night watching the wilderhood, the stars, read a book, or take out the Kindle to watch the down loaded moving in the warm glow of the fire. (Yeah communing with nature is fun and fine, but it can get pretty dang boring if you live around it all the time) Then in the morning I see them force marching back as I have a leisure breakfast that I can see them eying my food with great envy as I can hear their stomach growl. Some times when an over burdened set of parents with kids go by, I offer them the stuff from my pack and fire to cook it, with as much water as I can spare. (It lightens my load as well :D ). We talk some, I give some woodsy advice and they look it up on their smart phones to confirm if its true. (Really, a smart phone can be useful if used as part of a set of camping tools) And then I head out to home to the nice warm glow of my Television and Computer screen, usually kicking myself for not taking pictures...again. As I have many chances to repeat such things around here, I think I'm spoiled but don't know it. If I was more energetic I'd march the...ridge lines/big hills? Like I did when I had a more itchy foot (not athlete's foot this time). But then I'd have to get a real smart phone to find out where the public land boundaries are and trial blazing, yes hacking and slashing making an original trail, aren't fun to me any more as in the past.

Wow that got rambly.

Thanks guys.

Awesome pictures. One of the best threads I've seen. I wouldn't mind a copy/paste of that fried rice cake recipe in my inbox!
Thanks man. You got it.

Back