Cadet X

Stumbled across this thread when looking for a new sak. I like the cadet but don’t use the nail file. I would like just to swap that one out for scissors. But a cadet x would work

I find the small flat head on the can opener works just fine on phillips heads (better that the nail file) and would prefer a small blade in place of the file. I would like to see a three layer model with scissors though.

The flat head on the can opener is too big for a lot of the very small phillips you find on electrical devices and glasses frames.

Okay, how about this;

We have a well known SAK modder make up some cadet X's for us, with one extra. I know I'd pay for one customer cadet X. We then send the extra one to Victoriox and suggest they make it a factory standard.

Make it a forum knife like they do in the traditional sub forum. Take a poll and have the modder figure out what he will charge for a dozen or two of the cadet X.

Okay, how about this;

We have a well known SAK modder make up some cadet X's

After a back and forth discussion with a respected modder on here, that’s exactly what I did...a modded Cadet. (black of course lol)
The tools will be the combo can opener/cap lifter, 84mm scissors, and of course a blade.
I’m tired of my suggestions falling upon deaf ears, and I’m sure it will be a more refined product than I would get from Vic.
Sorry Victorinox, we’ve been asking you over and over again, and you’re simply not listening.
Love your products, and I will continue to buy them, but if I have to go to modders to get what I want, you best believe I will.

I’ll provide pics when it arrives :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I h
After a back and forth discussion with a respected modded on here, that’s exactly what in did...a modded Cadet. (black of course lol)
The tools will be the combo can opener/cap lifter, 84mm scissors, and of course a blade.
It won’t be a “budget Vic”, but I’m tired of my suggestions falling upon deaf ears, and I’m sure it will be a more refined product than I would get from Vic.
Sorry Victorinox, we’ve been asking you over and over again, and you’re simply not listening.
Love your products, and I will continue to buy them, but if I have to go to modders to get what I want, you best believe I will.

I have a cadet X by a very good modder. It is even better than you can imagine. It has become my favorite EDC.

After a back and forth discussion with a respected modder on here, that’s exactly what I did...a modded Cadet. (black of course lol)
I’m tired of my suggestions falling upon deaf ears, and I’m sure it will be a more refined product than I would get from Vic.

Who is doing this for you? I might be interested.

Project Cadet X moves closer to being done. I got a message last night from the fella who’s taken it on, and everything is going smoothly. Waiting for the scissors spring to arrive from Europe. I didn’t realize the 84mm scissors were like hens teeth.

Project Cadet X moves closer to being done. I got a message last night from the fella who’s taken it on, and everything is going smoothly. Waiting for the scissors spring to arrive from Europe. I didn’t realize the 84mm scissors were like hens teeth.

Who's doing this for you?

Technically it’s a Voyageur ;)
Indeed.

I have a Voyageur. They come up for sale once in a while and you can get lucky with the price.

The original Voyageur had a flat SD/cap lifter. Mine has the subsequent early combo tool design with the sharp end blunted somewhat.

“Bantam X” sounds weird to me. Better to know thy history of Victorinox models and use the proper name, I feel!

Whatever ya wanna call it lol, I’m getting exactly what I wanted in a “Cadet X”...blade, scissors, can opener and cap lifter while maintaining the two layer thickness.
I didn’t realize the Vic I actually wanted was a Voyageur, but that’s probably because I’ve only saw a couple of them on the internet.
I’m very happy Spikediesel Spikediesel has the ability to find the parts and the skills to make it happen for me.

That “voyageur” looks nice. For me, I would prefer to keep the separate cap lifter and can opener with their screw drivers, and the nail file, then add the 3rd layer for scissors. I use all those tools regularly.

it’s great that you “found” the perfect SAK for you Lee D Lee D , I may have to reach out to Spikediesel Spikediesel to see if the Cadet X is viable.

Back