Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Thanks for posting the nice pictures everyone! That’s one reason I come here is to look at all those great looking old knives. Those old Camillus and Schrades are still some really nice pocket knives. Wish I would have had the money to buy more of them when I had a chance back in the day.

The camillus 67 is a great stockman pattern, I own a handful of delrin ones. Nice knives. Still (intermittently) looking for one of those nice bone ones. Meanwhile this one is not dissatisfying.

I agree that the 67 is a handsome and useful style. Does anyone know: 1.When it was changed from a long nail nick on the master blade to a "regular" nail nick, and 2. When the blades were switched from 1095 to stainless? Did both changes happen at the same time? Thanks.

View attachment 1096366

It appears from the catalogs which I've seen that the change to stainless for the #67 was around 1992. From the 1959 catalog to the end in 2007 I didn't see a single picture of a #67 with a standard nail nick-- all were long pulls.

Nice Stainless group, Kevin!!:thumbsup:
Thanks Charlie & Duncan, they made quite the array of knives :thumbsup: They claimed that the scout model was the first to be made here with all stainless blades / tools. :) I thought I had a regular bone covered jack somewhere too, maybe that one is in the same box as the Electric jack was :D It's actually the one I was looking for when I found the Electric jack LoL

It appears from the catalogs which I've seen that the change to stainless for the #67 was around 1992. From the 1959 catalog to the end in 2007 I didn't see a single picture of a #67 with a standard nail nick-- all were long pulls.
Th
T

Sorry for the delay in responding and my "accidental" posts (above). There was an (apparently) stainless 67 with a regular nail nick and, also, no swedge. Perhaps its absence from the catalogs was because it was introduced late in the company's life.

Last edited:
I love the fish shield...goes well withose scales....sorry couldnt resist..

It seems we've pushed aside Camillus knives and Schrade knives of old - pre 2007(USA) made. There just aren't many threads started about those grand old knives. I was going through some of my older user knives this morning and came across these two. Really, really great knives.

I haven't forgotten these knives. I EDC a Camillus-made Lipic jackknife. On "project" days when I'm working on something/repairing something, etc., I carry a Camillus electrician's knife. I still occasionally carry a Schrade "slenderino" stockman I bought as a teenager in 1975. If a camping/hiking outing is planned, a Camillus scout knife is in my pocket. A Schrade Old Timer stockman is often carried.

5QldSoC.jpg

j5juR8X.jpg

o9C4NnU.jpg

D6inpNa.jpg

Back