Camillus vs. KaBar Beckers?!?

Yup, must have been blems.
They were true Camillus 11’s, but my tip was blunt as s$it!
Good knife though and I’m happy to own it!
Yea, I’m thinking they were probably just unfinished like the tips :) and coatings. The steel is Great :thumbsup::thumbsup: and the coating is very tough as well. The one I stripped took more time they any coatings I’ve ever encountered.
Still need a little more work 😁. They will get better with use and future touch ups.
View attachment 2074877
Won the sheath in one of azwelke’s many generous GAW’s. Thank‘s Al :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hmmm....stopped using flickr for photos cuz I wanted to drop it, but every last photo I have posted is linked there n I have NO idea what'll happen if I disengage from paying for the service....using google photos link, they (obviously) are showing on my screen; I'm guessing I'll have to figure out how to turn on permissions for linked photos. Thanks fer letting me know. Effing dumbpuddahs. Here I am, looking at a way overlarge photo of my leg with a knife balanced on it, n all allay'all can see is a sad faced broken photo icon - I never would have known.

hmmm....stopped using flickr for photos cuz I wanted to drop it, but every last photo I have posted is linked there n I have NO idea what'll happen if I disengage from paying for the service....using google photos link, they (obviously) are showing on my screen; I'm guessing I'll have to figure out how to turn on permissions for linked photos. Thanks fer letting me know. Effing dumbpuddahs. Here I am, looking at a way overlarge photo of my leg with a knife balanced on it, n all allay'all can see is a sad faced broken photo icon - I never would have known.
To embed your google photo you can generate a link with this website:

To embed your google photo you can generate a link with this website:

I'll check it out, though I had thought that's what I'd done, because I don't see anything other than the photo I posted - even in the quotes that say they can't see the photo...I'll finger it out.

A month ago, I looked all over for my modified Cam BK11 and couldn’t find it. Just cleaning out my garage and voila!

I dropped the point to fix the stubbed tip, opened it up right under the guard, added dyed micarta scales, and Azwelke kydex with a clip…

D0lx96s.jpg

I got into Beckers when Camillus was the manufacturer. My first four Beckers were made by them. So far, I haven’t had any issues with either maker’s product. But I have not bought any KaBar models that are the same as my Camillus models.

So my question is for those of you that own the same model from BOTH manufactures, do you find any noticeable differences between them?

Since I have a BK-1, 7, 9, and 11 from Camillus, Im contemplating getting a copy of each, except the BK-1 obviously, from KaBar. Should I do it sooner rather than later for any reason?

Thanks!

On the far right you can see a Camillus and a Ka-Bar BK5. The Camillus is a larger, longer, and heftier feeling knife.

Attachments

• 20240112_141240.jpg
    20240112_141240.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 14
Ka-Bar has never made a Becker from superior materials like Camillus. Of my BK-7’s, I rank them as:

#1 = Camillus BK-77 Extreme, SPEC-OPS Sheath, Green Micarta Handle, S30V Steel

#2 = Camillus Becker BK7SG (Serrated Government Version), 0170-6Csteel .188" thick, GV6H handle, OD Green Nylon sheath w/Kydex insert

#3 = Camillus Becker BK-71 Desert Series, 0170-6 C steel .188" thick, GV6H handle, Tan Propex Nylon Sheath.

#4 = KA-BAR BK-7 Becker Combat Utility, China Sheath, 1095 Cro-Van Steel .188 thick, ultramid Handle.

I like my Ka-Bar Beckers but I would not say they are the best. I wish I could buy another BK7 with higher-end steel again.

Ka-Bar has never made a Becker from superior materials like Camillus. Of my BK-7’s, I rank them as:

#1 = Camillus BK-77 Extreme, SPEC-OPS Sheath, Green Micarta Handle, S30V Steel

#2 = Camillus Becker BK7SG (Serrated Government Version), 0170-6Csteel .188" thick, GV6H handle, OD Green Nylon sheath w/Kydex insert

#3 = Camillus Becker BK-71 Desert Series, 0170-6 C steel .188" thick, GV6H handle, Tan Propex Nylon Sheath.

#4 = KA-BAR BK-7 Becker Combat Utility, China Sheath, 1095 Cro-Van Steel .188 thick, ultramid Handle.

I like my Ka-Bar Beckers but I would not say they are the best. I wish I could buy another BK7 with higher-end steel again.
KA-BAR’s BK 98 Tuko used s35vn, as does the newish BK 72. That said, I’d wish they’d use stainless more. Seems like an across the board KA-BAR thing.

KA-BAR’s BK 98 Tuko used s35vn, as does the newish BK 72. That said, I’d wish they’d use stainless more. Seems like an across the board KA-BAR thing.

Thanks for the update. I will look into both. I like all my Becker knives. I did not know KaBar used a different steel. To add to my BK77, I just got a Joker Nomad 5" and 6.5" Fixed Blade Knifes using Bohler N695 stainless. That mid-grade stainless steel is the sharpest knife out of the box I have ever seen. The fact they run $125 with amazing handmade leather sheaths is amazing to me. Made in Spain except the steel from Austria.

My biggest "complaint" re: the Camillus Campanion is the lack of the current/KA-BAR-style pommel (though I LOVE the knife/"light" feel when compared to the KA-BAR version):

Back