Attention Canadian Bladeforums Knives - CLOSED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
I am asking our American neighbors to be patient with this Canadian chance at owning a Bladeforums knife!!
After waiting so long, and looking longingly at the posts from the USA etc, My fellow Canadians will now have a chance to get an Annual BladeForums knife!!
I will open a thread in a few days, watch this thread for news! Please do not contact me yet!! I will only get confused and will NOT answer you!! It is going to be a flurry when it happens.
Original qualification rules apply, and I must know you and have interacted with you in the "Traditional" forum!! To qualify you must be a member since Feb 1st, 2021, and have at least 50 posts in "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades"! I will vet everyone who asks to buy one, and I only have a handful of knives to distribute, about 30!! Payment via Paypal, in Canadian funds; the conversion, and added CBSA taxes have upped the numbers of course. I will announce the price with the subsequent posting!! Later!!
Only Canadians members may apply!! Don't embarrass yourselves, and me, by not reading and understanding this!! You must not have purchased this BF knife from our distributors before!!
The ordering thread will be opened Monday or Tuesday!!

Last edited:
Information post #2 for Buying a Bladeforums Knife in Canada!!
I have been shipped all the "S" models, as well as first grade knives!
So there are 15 of each available for a total of 30.
With the exchange rate, and gov't taxes, and high shipping in Canada (over $20cdn), the prices are: first grade $159cdn, and the "S", discounted to $144cdn.
If you are going to use the knife, I recommend the "S"!! Mostly I could not find the flaws!! Some had (I only did a random check) a tiny pore, or wane in the bone, typical of traditional Sawcut Barlows!!
Safe Queens to be; you may want the more expensive one, but not necessarily!! They are all Beautiful!!
I will post the order thread at 12:00 noon PDT (Pacific Daylight Time, which is 3:00PM Eastern Daylight Time), or shortly after, on Saturday the 13th so as many people as possible might be home!!
Post once to qualify, saying "I'll take one", or, "I'll take an "S"!!
I'll close the thread as soon as I have enough orders!! Good luck on Saturday!!
Make sure you are qualified!!

P.S.

159.00 CAD to USD Currency Converter​

Advertisements
159.00 CAD = 127.67 USD

So, Canadian taxes plus extra shipping to Canada, and within Canada is costing you around $30usd.

Last edited:
REMEMBER!!!
Tomorrow at 3:00EDT, or 12:00 PDT, the Canadian BF knives will go up for sale, in this thread!!!!
I will try to be on time (or slightly late?), so be patient!! Read this whole thread so you know the rules!! This sale may only last for a short time!! A simple response will get the best attention: for instance, May I have an "S" please?? Or May I have an "A" please?
Your Screen name will show up, allowing our moderators to check you out!
Then you will hear from Frank or Gary with my contact info - PP address- also my email (the same thing)!

Let me know you are approved (I will have a list), and I will answer you!
Be Kind - You are Canadians!! ;) I will send them right away, with tracking.

I randomly chose an S knife and a standard one!! After poring over them I cannot tell the difference!!S model comparo 1.jpg
Scratches are not on the handles, but on the scanner's glass!!Enjoy the lolly-scramble tomorrow, and try not to be disappointed if you miss out!! I hope there are enough! There might be more requests than knives, so the time-stamps will decide!!
I will shut-down as quickly as I can, so, see you all tomorrow!

Americans please have mercy, and stay off this thread for the short time it will take!!
You had your turns first!!

Charlie, I would be in for an “A” as a first choice, please. An “S” will be fine also, if the “A’s” run out. Thank you! And THANK YOU, Charlie.

Altought I being here for couple of years and I read and learn from this forum and the members every day I know I dont qualify for this amazing knife.

But If by any chance or miracle you have one left that no one takes I will love one S (I use all my knifes). I know this is a very long shot but I rather being honest than start making 50 posts and other things in order to qualify.
OP thanks for organizing this for the members in Canada.
Great weekend everyone.

If I remember correctly from previous years, Canadian BFT purchases have been well below 30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back