"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I've been eating grits all my life and love them with salt, pepper and butter some folks like them with butter and sugar. Sometimes I indulge myself with my favorite breakfast from my childhood eggs, country cured ham, biscuits, redeye gravy and grits. I just decided what to have for breakfast tomorrow. :D

Sounds good, Randy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When it comes to grits, you can’t go wrong with just butter, salt and pepper… but I do love cheesy grits. :D

…and I mean real southern grits, not the instant kind..:p

Do you like ‘em regular, creamy or al dente? :D

It sure wasn't a joke to me, Vince, when I opened the box and found unexpected contents! :(

Thanks for the info, guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I know little about guns, and nothing about scopes, but one of my conjectures was that the thing was some kind of mounting bracket, and gun sights/scopes crossed my mind. meako meako , I agree it's not cool at all, and the switch wasn't even close in weight. When I pulled that Joker box out of the USPS flat-rate box, I immediately thought, "There's NOT a knife in this box!" It felt empty to me; I'm a little surprised the person filling the order didn't notice anything fishy when he/she grabbed that box.

- GT
I hope the seller is taking care of it for you GT.

Have you called the dealer GT ?
Im keen to get to bottom of this monumental stuff up. Please keep us posted.
So I think I can safely say that grits might otherwise be known as cornmeal porridge....like out of the Bob Marley song?

I hope the seller is taking care of it for you GT.
Have you called the dealer GT ?
Im keen to get to bottom of this monumental stuff up. Please keep us posted.
So I think I can safely say that grits might otherwise be known as cornmeal porridge....like out of the Bob Marley song?
Yeah, I called the dealer yesterday, and they said they'd send out the knife I ordered (and they didn't even want me to return their box with whatever was in it). :thumbsup::thumbsup: I also sent them emails with pics of what I received, and they said they'd get back to me if they were able to ID the object originally shipped to me; no word yet!

On another matter, if someone is keeping track, I am NOT a fan of grits. I've tried them a couple of times, and I prefer every other method I can recall of consuming corn to eating grits! :thumbsdown: I'd really enjoy the breakfast Randy described, but I'll take corn chips and salsa instead of grits, please. :D

- GT

I am not hillbilly per se, but my kin are largely from the same stock - the Scotch-Irish Presbyterian immigrants from the 1700s, with a little English blood and French Huguenot mixed in there for good measure. My people tended to settle in the flatlands in the Carolinas and Tennessee.

I am not hillbilly per se, but my kin are largely from the same stock - the Scotch-Irish Presbyterian immigrants from the 1700s, with a little English blood and French Huguenot mixed in there for good measure. My people tended to settle in the flatlands in the Carolinas and Tennessee.

I'm descended from Scots/Irish( Ulster Scots) and English on my mothers side. German/Native American on my fathers. According to genealogy research my 1st cousin did for a paper in college, we are descended from Henry Addington, 1st Viscount Sidmouth, who served as Prime Minister of England from 1801 to 1804. Also Mother Maybelle Carter's maiden name was Addington as well. And was 1st cousin to my mothers grandmother. During his research him and his father, my uncle went down to Tennessee to Johnny and June Cash's home. Where both Johnny and June welcomed them in and talked with them for hours. My uncle said both were very friendly and humble down to earth people. Said that after 10 minutes you forgot they was "famous" and there you were digging through old family Bibles and records. And that both seem genuinely interested in helping. Whew look at me I'm rambling, sorry:oops:

My wife is 1/8th Blackfoot, or so she was led to believe. Great grandmother on her father's side.

Back