"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Sounds like we had the same model '76 Corolla (although I suspect there weren't a lot of options back then). Mine was bright yellow, though. That wouldn't have been my first choice of color, but I ended up kind of liking its visibility.

My Isuzu pickup was rear wheel drive. I'm a little bit surprised that in over 50 years of driving, most of it in Michigan with lots of snow, I've never owned a 4-wheel drive vehicle.

- GT

In those days I was a serious hunter and fisherman. Sometimes all a 4WD accomplishes is getting you stuck worse in a remote location :)

:D Happy New Year! Hard to believe it's 5780 already! ;)
OdltxJZ.jpg

I love the Case canoe blade etch, but every time I look at it, I keep thinking that guy must have some really heavy packs up front. Otherwise, given that he's paddling from that far back in the stern, the bow would be about three feet out of the water. At least he does appear to be kneeling rather than sitting on a seat. :rolleyes:
hdV4lWK.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to think about calendars and how Ancient peoples wanted to calculate time and years. The Hebrew calendar is old, the Gregorian one the most universal but there are of course alternatives, the Islamic one(s) and the one I like to perversely follow, the French Revolutionary one :D Year I is '1793' I think, so we're in 226 :cool: young eh? But I hear somebody discovered one in Scotland that's giving us year 10,000 but let's face it life's been going on for millions of years, just hope it goes on for as long-whatever the calendar:thumbsup:

The most happiest of New Years to you Rachel. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am almost embarrassed to be posting here I've been gone so much lately. I am so caught up in my music hobby I feel like a stranger here on the porch. So many of you are such great friends and I do miss the wonderful camaraderie here. I have not been back on any guitar forums because that's a whole other rabbit hole. :eek::eek: I am still trying to overcome my left hand challenges from my last stroke but making a lot of progress. Not as good as I once was but can still play well enough to keep up with the guys (and girl). Like knives this hobby is expensive in fact I'm getting ready to list a bunch more knives to recoup some of the money I've spent including two new guitars and a third is on it's way.
Anyway that's an update on my disappearance and I'll make an effort to increase my presence here but I have a one track mind so.......

HERE'S MY LIVINGROOM NOW
oEImdbS.jpg

I am almost embarrassed to be posting here I've been gone so much lately. I am so caught up in my music hobby I feel like a stranger here on the porch. So many of you are such great friends and I do miss the wonderful camaraderie here. I have not been back on any guitar forums because that's a whole other rabbit hole. :eek::eek: I am still trying to overcome my left hand challenges from my last stroke but making a lot of progress. Not as good as I once was but can still play well enough to keep up with the guys (and girl). Like knives this hobby is expensive in fact I'm getting ready to list a bunch more knives to recoup some of the money I've spent including two new guitars and a third is on it's way.
Anyway that's an update on my disappearance and I'll make an effort to increase my presence here but I have a one track mind so.......

HERE'S MY LIVINGROOM NOW
oEImdbS.jpg
Good to hear from you, Randy. Some beautiful guitars there. :thumbsup:

HERE'S MY LIVINGROOM NOW
oEImdbS.jpg

Good to hear you're doing OK Randy, I doubt you'll ever be a stranger here my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back