"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

What's the consensus on Nutella? :confused: I hear its easy on old folks, compared to peanut butter (less stick factor to contend with). :)

Me? Not a day goes by without authentic, organic nothing but peanuts - peanut butter. My go to favorite these days (it's available locally) is SANTA CRUZ Crunchy Dark Roasted. Crazy Richard's was my favorite but no longer available locally :( They use the best tasting peanuts :thumbsup:

Ray

What's the consensus on Nutella? :confused: I hear its easy on old folks, compared to peanut butter (less stick factor to contend with). :)

Me? Not a day goes by without authentic, organic nothing but peanuts - peanut butter. My go to favorite these days (it's available locally) is SANTA CRUZ Crunchy Dark Roasted. Crazy Richard's was my favorite but no longer available locally :( They use the best tasting peanuts :thumbsup:

Ray
Laura Scudder peanut butter is just peanuts and salt. Had some today.

I'm going with knife. :)
Ultimately the stick is only a stick and a rock is only a rock. If a human uses a thing to get something done, like cooking your neighbor with the stick, then the stick isn’t really a tool, it is still a stick that was used as a tool.

If you are thinking about making something specifically to use as a tool then it has to have been the knife.

Last edited:
When put in a sandwich of nice coarse bread, with good layers each of butter and crunchy Peanut Butter, Marmite is good, IMO!!:):p
Great Scott !Campagna you might have just discovered a hitherto unknown taste sensation!

I'm going with knife. :)
Knife as first tool deffo yes.
Eerrr although it was probly more bone or wood than steel blade and maybe later more stoney flinty type than
actual metal ....

We have Promite ....the gold to marmite and vegemite silver and bronze

Great Scott !Campagna you might have just discovered a hitherto unknown taste sensation!

Knife as first tool deffo yes.
Eerrr although it was probly more bone or wood than steel blade and maybe later more stoney flinty type than
actual metal ....

We have Promite ....the gold to marmite and vegemite silver and bronze
Promite & Spam. Yum!

A Conclave of Cardinals taking turns at the bird feeders this morning.
atD81WD.jpg

A Conclave of Cardinals taking turns at the bird feeders this morning.
atD81WD.jpg

Some beauties there:cool: Went out to the country place for the first time in weeks, this because so far this winter it's hardly been freezing and only snow staying for a day or two. The result being the track there is just a ribbon of slime and the mud and sodden landscape is appalling-been raining all the time since Oct, unheard of. So, my feeders haven't been replenished and the birds stay away, plus gale force wind puts them off. I will look forward to it freezing up a bit (no -20C thanks:eek:) and then a return of bright finches, Yellowbuntings, Siskins et al. before the spring migrants return in April. Fortunately, the cat doesn't really go for birds, it's R&R for her, Rodents & Reptiles, I'm not complaining either :D We've all got to do something for birds in winter, it's a gruelling time.

I don't have any bird-feeders out, but I do my bit with weeds and burrs.
Ha! I call it zero-scaping.
I put up a feeder, but took it down when I looked into the yard and saw a "taxi queue" of neighborhood cats lined up below it. :rolleyes: It hardly freezes here, and the birdies don't seem to have trouble finding food. Water in the summer is another matter, and it is fun to watch them at the bird bath.

Ha! I call it zero-scaping.
I put up a feeder, but took it down when I looked into the yard and saw a "taxi queue" of neighborhood cats lined up below it. :rolleyes: It hardly freezes here, and the birdies don't seem to have trouble finding food. Water in the summer is another matter, and it is fun to watch them at the bird bath.
We put away our feeder several years ago. We have one or two hawks based nearby, and the bird feeders can quickly become "hawk feeders".:eek:

I got this knife at one of my favorite antique malls. Something like 20% off of $4.00.
5JXNrIB.jpg

I'm still a sucker for old black kitchen knives, which this would be if it hadn't been nickel-plated. Well, it's black enough where the nickel's gone.

This one's from Saturday before last, another favorite antique mall. Something like $8.
CFfOBdV.jpg

Back