"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Yeah sad, but 92 is an advanced age. Here she is young ;)

iu
I remember there was a terrific fuss when she had her nose remodelled! She had a great life.
btw, are these subtitles in Swedish?

My Nephew, Jack Alan Ryan, passed last night at 11:05 PM Pacific Time. He was 52-years old and passed with dignity. He was sleeping, took a few quick breaths, and slipped away. I'll miss him.
I'm sorry for your loss Ed, may Jack rest in peace.

Scandinavian, for sure, but that's as far as I can get. It's like trying to distinguish Minnesota from Wisconsin.

In Minnesota, everybody knows that a Norwegian puts drawn butter on his lutefisk, while a Swede takes cream sauce. Not 100%, call it a rule of thumb. If you see hot mustard on the fisk, that is a stronger case for Swede.

Here’s one that requires a little more esoteric knowledge:
How do you tell if a Norwegian bachelor farmer is an extrovert?

A: He stares at your shoes.

I remember there was a terrific fuss when she had her nose remodelled! She had a great life.
btw, are these subtitles in Swedish?

Svenska, ja.

I wonder about you Americans sometimes... (not you JP of course ;)) Norwegian is a different language from Swedish, has different letters in its alphabet too. Norwegians can understand Swedish (it was part of Sweden once, as was Finland long ago) but Swedes cannot always understand Norsk. Likewise, Danish is similar to both other Scandi languages but very different. then there's Icelandic which is like ancient Norse, they discovered America as well, Erik the Red;) Finnish is nothing like Swedish, German or Russian its neighbours :D but has a connexion with Estonian and Hungarian. Language lesson over :)

Back