"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Awesome news, Charlie, congratulations!

Wonderful news Charlie, congrats to you and the family!
I've already started a collection for him, Gary. The first knives in it are his late Grandfather's horticultural knives from his life's work. Next will be Barlows and other samples of my SFOs as we go along!
What a lovely legacy for Duncan to look forward to: knives from both of his grandfathers.:)

I would have cherished having my grandfather's pocketknife. (In fact I've interrogated my poor mum about it a couple of times, trying to extract every last detail from her memory, about what pattern it might have been!:rolleyes::D)

waynorth waynorth Wonderful news, Charlie, and best wishes to all for a healthy, fun-filled life.
@Pàdruig Thanks for the pics, Dylan, and the story of the trip. A hunting or fishing trip is a tremendous experience, regardless of the success of gathering the quarry. I'm looking forward to deer, ducks, and rabbits (and occasional squirrel) here in Virginia, as well as an annual sojourn to South Dakota for pheasants in mid-October. Until then, pictures fill the void:

RFbWM7D.jpg

X7xXg8E.jpg

- Stuart

Congratulations Charlie, so when is he gonna get his first pocket knife? ;) a traditional i hope:):thumbsup:

Thanks Frank, Will, JP, Jack, Jake, Randy and Glenn!!
Also Chin, Stuart and Kevin!!
Duncan, when the name Duncan came up as a possibility, I bit my tongue!!
You know how parental suggestions get the kiss of death!!:rolleyes:
But here we are, and I couldn't be more pleased!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Frank, Will, JP, Jack, Jake, Randy and Glenn!!
Also Chin, Stuart and Kevin!!
Duncan, when the name Duncan came up as a possibility, I bit my tongue!!
Congrats to Joann and you Charlie !!! Grandkids are great !!! You get to spoil them and then they go home . Nancy & I have 9 Grandkids and 5 Great Grandkids but they are kind of spread around the country . Usually they are ALL here for Christmas but it would be nice if we could have them closer . It seems like the Grandkids all grew up faster than their parents did . I do not want to give Duncan a swollen ego , but I think the little guy was given a great Scottish name . Congrats again and may God Bless you and your family my friend .

Harry

Duncan, when the name Duncan came up as a possibility, I bit my tongue,
because I didn't want to shout, YES!!

Thanks Harry and Nancy! You two have singularly populated a small city!!:D
Nice brood!! Great grandkids!!:eek: Oh my!!:thumbsup:

haha Charlie - nice save.
How wonderful having that wee lad asleep in your arms - what a beautiful, peaceful feeling.
I never had a nice grandad - the only one I had was a mean nasty person.
I can't wait to be a poppa and shower my wee grandkids with love and admiration.
Well done to your wonderful family Charlie.

Kevin, Duncan has his first half dozen pocket knives, and he doesn't have any pockets yet!!
He slept in my arms for about a half an hour tonight!!

Awwwww!! now there is one of life's best experiences that you just can't buy for ANY amount of money!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congratulations My Friend!!

Dave

Back