Carothers and Guns

The 9mm was awesome, sounded the same as an Omega 9k or maybe even better (in the short configuration too). Was super impressed by it. The BDE30 sounded good but is gassy on semi autos from the internal volume, didn’t get to try it on a bolt gun but probably sounds pretty good
Thank you. My 30 cal can is a Griffin Armament Recce 7. I like it a lot and I think that it sounds great, but, compared to the newer tech, it’s getting long in the tooth.
I was hoping that the PWS can would be top tier, and maybe it is, but I think that I have a bit more research to do before jumping into one of the printed cans. Thankfully the market has exploded and there a nice suppressors coming out every other month.
I’ll check out the 9mm version. I’ve been wanting to get something for the APC9.

Have a great night.

Thank you. My 30 cal can is a Griffin Armament Recce 7. I like it a lot and I think that it sounds great, but, compared to the newer tech, it’s getting long in the tooth.
I was hoping that the PWS can would be top tier, and maybe it is, but I think that I have a bit more research to do before jumping into one of the printed cans. Thankfully the market has exploded and there a nice suppressors coming out every other month.
I’ll check out the 9mm version. I’ve been wanting to get something for the APC9.

Have a great night.

I’ll end up with one of the PWSs, great price point for what it is, takes Silencerco/Rugged/Kaw Valley pistons, and is compatible with Silencerco Alpha threads, have a couple spare Plan Bs laying around for them so thinking new 9mm subgun can.

There’s just so much new stuff coming out with silencers now it’s going to be interesting what’s next. 3d printing titanium and Inconel is getting less expensive, weight keeps going down and durability is going up.
I'm a big fan of the silencerco hybrid 46m. Wondering if anyone knows how the pws cans compare. Does anyone have experience with both?

PWS doesn’t make a big bore can yet so hard to compare imo, but the BDE30 is going to have more internal volume than the 46m and let less gas flow out the front, so 46m may be less gassy but probably not as “quiet” (subjective term since caliber and platform are a big part in that term use)

I will say though I have an original Hybrid, at the time I used it a lot but as time progresses and more cans are accumulated, it’s not a widely used can for me anymore. I eventually dedicated it to the SMG45 just so it would see more action. Was very quiet as a 45 pistol can but just large and prefer the Obsidian45 on the 45 hosts now

I’ll end up with one of the PWSs, great price point for what it is, takes Silencerco/Rugged/Kaw Valley pistons, and is compatible with Silencerco Alpha threads, have a couple spare Plan Bs laying around for them so thinking new 9mm subgun can.

There’s just so much new stuff coming out with silencers now it’s going to be interesting what’s next. 3d printing titanium and Inconel is getting less expensive, weight keeps going down and durability is going up.

PWS doesn’t make a big bore can yet so hard to compare imo, but the BDE30 is going to have more internal volume than the 46m and let less gas flow out the front, so 46m may be less gassy but probably not as “quiet” (subjective term since caliber and platform are a big part in that term use)

I will say though I have an original Hybrid, at the time I used it a lot but as time progresses and more cans are accumulated, it’s not a widely used can for me anymore. I eventually dedicated it to the SMG45 just so it would see more action. Was very quiet as a 45 pistol can but just large and prefer the Obsidian45 on the 45 hosts now
Honestly, the reason I picked one up was as a one can solution for all my rifles.

IMG_8774.jpeg
When I said that I like PWS rifles, this is what I meant. And CPK knives. Two brands that never let me down.

MK111 MK1 Mod1 in 223 Wylde-SBR
MK111 MK1 Mod1 in 223 Wylde-SBR
MK111 MK1 Mod2 in 7.62x39-SBR
MK116 MK1 Mod2 in 223 Wylde
MK214 MK2 Mod1 in .308 pin and weld.

Med Chopper
HDFK
FK2
UF2
Shiv and K20 in process.

Last edited:
Just sayin the new URX looks pretty damn promising too ……. 😊
I told my Wife that is what I want for my 50th. I really like the idea of a modular rifle, even though I never bought kits for anything modular that I’ve owned. I loved the ACR, it was smooth and reliable. It was also a front heavy pig with no support. I think that PWS will do it right. They said that they were going to release several calibers at launch with more every 6 months or so. If they pull that off it’ll be worth buying, to me. A nice shorty X39 with a 5.56 kit, and a .308 kit will make my other 5 obsolete- not that I’ll get rid of them😁
Why stack gold when you can stack rifle crates.

hNVN5du.jpeg

There was a CPK on my hip but wanted to share my son, who just turned 12 this weekend, shooting abilities.

He is getting really good at dual-wielding “akimbo” .357 magnums. Probably from playing COD with me:)

Excellent job shooting!
I commend you on some high quality Dad work right there. Hard to think of a nicer day than in the field shooting with friends and family-especially the kids.
Now he needs a belt and some time learning how Jerry Miculek reloads a revolver and he’ll be ready for competition-or the apocalypse.
My first shots through a handgun as a young man were with a .357 and a Walther PPK. I’ve had a soft spot for a nice .357 since.

There was a CPK on my hip but wanted to share my son, who just turned 12 this weekend, shooting abilities.

He is getting really good at dual-wielding “akimbo” .357 magnums. Probably from playing COD with me:)

Nice! Double action triggers are great for teaching a slow accurate pull. I love using revolvers to teach people to shoot because you can load all the chambers but one, when they go to pull the trigger you can see if they're flinching in anticipation of the recoil.

Have him lean towards the revolver slightly, instead of leaning back away from the muzzle. It's a subconscious normal tendency to start leaning backwards to avoid the percussion of the muzzle blast, but it throws your body off balance.

Leaning in a little with slightly bent knees will make the kick more manageable and it's easier to stay on target/maintain proper sight picture.

A son shooting with his father is an awesome bonding experience. Good to see the old ways are so around!

Yes I’m always telling him to lean in more. He has a correct stance about 75% of the time but he is already better than I was at that age for sure. I am trying to figure out some good holsters and a belt for him. If have any recommendations please send.

IMG_0675.jpeg

Back