Case Pocket Hunter /new pattern?

Looks like Case has slipped in a new pattern, a mini and pocketable version of the big 65 folding hunter. Says only 2 3/4 inches closed? Not sure if this is new, or has been around before and is coming out of the vault??This will be on my radar this year. Here is a brief description below:

Fashioned in the same design as the Folding Hunter, this pattern was named TH'165 in honor of Case Model Maker, Tom Hart. Measuring 2 /34" closed, most models feature both a clip and skinner blade. However, you will see some with a single clip blade as well.

casev62165ssa_0.jpg

Last edited:
NOT a new pattern.. Just a Vault release for 2020..:D
John

Interesting. So they hit it with the shrink ray gun. I was hoping they would zap the Tribal lock instead but not nearly to the same degree.

,,,Mike in Canada

Well, that might be actually too small for me for what I would want to use a smaller hunter for. I wasn't thinking of it as peanut sized.

Well, that might be actually too small for me for what I would want to use a smaller hunter for. I wasn't thinking of it as peanut sized.
That seems to be the general consensus from what I can gather. Mine is from 2007 and they didn't seem to be very popular then. I think the term "Hunter" gives people a false first impression because it implies something bigger.

I think these might be better received if they had a different name.

The pocket hunter is just too tiny for me. The "Copperhead" pattern, shaped similarly to the large folding hunting and 3-3/4" length is a favorite though. The Case copperhead is somewhat differently shaped and bladed; Queen built some copperheads for made in USA knives, and you can find Bulldog, Kissing Crane, Eye Brand, Boker, Henckels, and others. The little Tommy Hart pocket hunters are cute, and if you happen to like sub three inch knives they are an alternative to the Peanuts and other mini knives.

teeny tiny :(

I must say though: "I think this blade selection would be more versatile than what a peanut is usually equipped with."

If I were to run out of sanity and start carrying a peanut, I think this would be the one ... or a peanut frame with these blades.

Hunting gerbils?

If you get enough (hair on) Gerbil hides you can make a nifty coat and hat (like they do from (hair on) mink hides.) :)

I suppose you can always get a taxidermy mount of a Gerbil head, and hang it on your daughter's bedroom wall. :D
(If applicable, bribe/get your mum-in-law or wife, to use a spell that will prevent the mount from ever being removed from the wall and/ or covered up.)

I hear Gerbil Stew is yummy, but I've never had a chance to try it. (thank goodness)

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing the 'pocket hunter' back in the '90s or so (mayber early 2000s), from Case. As others have pointed out, it's substantially smaller than one might assume for a downsized 'clone' of the famous Folding Hunter '65 pattern from Case. I was REAL tempted to jump on it when it came out then, but then shied away when I realized how small it really was.

To this day, I keep wishing Case would release a ~ 3/4-size version of the Folding Hunter; something around 4-1/4" or 4-1/2" closed length would be perfect, I think.

I wonder if they sent a guy down to the vault to get a knife and that was the closest one to the door? Hopefully well received. I think I prefer the single blade version but still smaller than anything I typically carry.

,,,Mike in Canada

teeny tiny :(

I must say though: "I think this blade selection would be more versatile than what a peanut is usually equipped with."

If I were to run out of sanity and start carrying a peanut, I think this would be the one ... or a peanut frame with these blades.

If you get enough (hair on) Gerbil hides you can make a nifty coat and hat (like they do from (hair on) mink hides.) :)

I suppose you can always get a taxidermy mount of a Gerbil head, and hang it on your daughter's bedroom wall. :D
(If applicable, bribe/get your mum-in-law or wife, to use a spell that will prevent the mount from ever being removed from the wall and/ or covered up.)

I hear Gerbil Stew is yummy, but I've never had a chance to try it. (thank goodness)

Whenever I mount gerbils on a wall I typically only do their antlers.

,,,Mike in Canada

Not a new pattern, coming out of the vault. I am pretty excited, and really hope they do a single blade version or two.

No shield. I hate the unpinned shields. :thumbsdown:

Back