Case Pocket Hunter /new pattern?

To this day, I keep wishing Case would release a ~ 3/4-size version of the Folding Hunter; something around 4-1/4" or 4-1/2" closed length would be perfect, I think.

Schrade made a 4'' single blade folding hunter pattern. 123OT and 124UH. They are a bit uncommon to find but are great.

Have one of these and love it as a watch pocket knife. It’s as long as a peanut but feels much more substantial in the hand imo. I’m definitely grabbing a couple!

They certainly are more substantial. That’s actually why I’m not too crazy about them. I carry a ‘nut size knife when I want something less substantial in the pocket.
Single blade sounds promising, though. Just wish they were being made in CV.

chuck4570 chuck4570 , but the middy is stainless, single blade swoopy blade, and thumb stud!....?

id like a CV middy that is just a shrunken large folding 2 blade hunter.

chuck4570 chuck4570 , but the middy is stainless, single blade swoopy blade, and thumb stud!....?

id like a CV middy that is just a shrunken large folding 2 blade hunter.
Yeah you’re right on that, the handle shape is the same, but the blade is like the Russlock, but then the Russlock is another one of my favorites, but I know it doesn’t appeal to everyone.

Last edited:
I'll say one thing. I haven't carried my Pocket Hunter for years but all this talk of them makes me want to.

I got the email from Case and was kind of excited as I was not familiar with this pattern. I thought it was going to be close in size to the Trapper. When I saw how small it really was I lost interest. Still looks nice for you guys who like those dinky things.

The single blade pocket Hunter is coming back form the vault ?
Hot damn, I've been wanting this for a while now.
Definitely gotta add one to the list.

Hopefully my other wish is answered and they also bring back the mini Cokebottle.

Way to go Case, keep up the good work.

I liked the Pocket Hunter - wish I had picked up a few more back in the day.

I do have a couple - 2-blade in Vintage Bone:
A5rz3GX.jpg

and a single blade in Peacock Appaloosa Bone:

2W5Aj55.jpg

It's not obvious from the GIANT images, but these are about the length of a Peanut, just a bit more stocky.

I'll put the sickmaking joke in pirates cove.....o_O:eek::D...i dont go anywhere near there much but 2 words...richard gere*
*for those who came in late.

I really hope they make some without shields. Right now it looks like only the abalone will be shieldless, which will be about 2x the price of all the others.

I don't get why every knife needs a shield. Especially an unpinned shield :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Any guess on how long before these show up and are available on dealer sites? The Case Barlow thread last year it seemed to be about 1 week before members started posting pictures of their new arrivals. Also that was about 10 pages into the thread. We are on page two and I found this thread three screens in. Seems like not much excitement for a "vault opening"?

,,,Mike in Canada

Looks like February/March expected deliveries to dealers.

Back