Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

My first collab.
Wgme13h.jpg

X8n3lCj.jpg

That is a real beauty! The double nail pull and shield is cool too! Well it's all very cool.

Thanks. I've always liked the coke bottle/swell center knives and getting one as a lockback with a good stainless steel was just icing on the cake. Case did an excellent job on this knife. I think it'll be in my pocket /on my belt for a while

What are the better collabs for carrying and using? I have a Norfolk and LOVE it! Not to big or thick in the pocket. I’d heard the Doglegs were heavy for their size. What about the Mini-(Wharncliffe) trappers or Cattle knives? I’ve had my eye on them over the years.

I tend to like knives in the 3-1/4” to 3-1/2” range, but the 3-3/4” Norfolk is slim enough that it doesn’t carry as too heavy or too large.

What are the better collabs for carrying and using? I have a Norfolk and LOVE it! Not to big or thick in the pocket. I’d heard the Doglegs were heavy for their size. What about the Mini-(Wharncliffe) trappers or Cattle knives? I’ve had my eye on them over the years.

I tend to like knives in the 3-1/4” to 3-1/2” range, but the 3-3/4” Norfolk is slim enough that it doesn’t carry as too heavy or too large.
I had a dogleg it is a hefty little guy and thick. The cattle knife is over 3 ounces and stockman is over 4 and a large 4.25 inches. Only ones I know off hand.

The second Case decides to make a Mini Trapper Wharncliffe with CV steel, I’ll be all over it. That particular knife is at the top of my wish list right now... At least until I can afford a Eureka Jack.

Last edited:
Outside of your size a bit but I love my Lannys clip, it’s nice and thin compared to some of that model. I recently got a dogleg and I agree it’s pretty hefty but I am having the pen blade deleted so stand by for more on that one.

So far I have owned:
Ebony Wharncliff Trapper - Really great carry option but for me was uncomfortable to use the trapper blade with the wharnie blade closed. Also a flat build with not as much contouring.

Chestnut Coffin Jack - Best fit and finish I've ever seen on a production traditional knife by a mile! A little small but a great EDC. Only drawback for me was the main blade wasn't as efficient of a cutter as I'd typically like. Better general use than a slicer.

Antique Bone Dogleg Jack - On looks alone, maybe my favorite collab but definitely somehow chunkier and heavier than others in this size. Maybe not as contoured as others either. A flatter build. In hand I didn't like how the main blade slightly curved downward. Not a fan of that geometry in my knives. Great looker though and that big wide ATS 34 blade with thin grind makes for a wicked slicer!

Chestnut and Antique Lanny's Clip - Awesome pattern! Done as well as any custom. In a moment of stupidity sold the Antique Bone. It was a perfect knife and flawless. Someone scored!

Ebony Euereka Jack - Traded the chestnut LC for this one. Never really gave it a look beforehand but turns out it's a keeper. Maybe the most underrated collab? Amazing EDC. Wonderful contouring. The main blade is a little wider than the Coffin Jack and is a better cutter too. Stout build but with the contouring it's very elegant also. The secondary blade is wicked sharp!!! I call it the witches nail. Fantastic EDC that melts in your hand during use. Love this classic pattern and Mr. Bose does it right!

Ebony Cattle Knife - Another keeper for me. IMO the best collab I've owned by a mile as far as being a great user. 3 awesome blades, with 2 springs. Every blade is low profile and very comfortable to use the main blade, the smaller blades are tucked in perfect. Excellent contouring. Also very stout yet elegant. My top recommendation for sure and between my small collection of customs and collabs it's my favorite.

Outside of your size a bit but I love my Lannys clip, it’s nice and thin compared to some of that model. I recently got a dogleg and I agree it’s pretty hefty but I am having the pen blade deleted so stand by for more on that one.

Uh yea, we're gonna have to see that when it's done Drew. Call me very intrigued! :)

So far I have owned:
Ebony Wharncliff Trapper - Really great carry option but for me was uncomfortable to use the trapper blade with the wharnie blade closed. Also a flat build with not as much contouring.

Chestnut Coffin Jack - Best fit and finish I've ever seen on a production traditional knife by a mile! A little small but a great EDC. Only drawback for me was the main blade wasn't as efficient of a cutter as I'd typically like. Better general use than a slicer.

Antique Bone Dogleg Jack - On looks alone, maybe my favorite collab but definitely somehow chunkier and heavier than others in this size. Maybe not as contoured as others either. A flatter build. In hand I didn't like how the main blade slightly curved downward. Not a fan of that geometry in my knives. Great looker though and that big wide ATS 34 blade with thin grind makes for a wicked slicer!

Chestnut and Antique Lanny's Clip - Awesome pattern! Done as well as any custom. In a moment of stupidity sold the Antique Bone. It was a perfect knife and flawless. Someone scored!

Ebony Euereka Jack - Traded the chestnut LC for this one. Never really gave it a look beforehand but turns out it's a keeper. Maybe the most underrated collab? Amazing EDC. Wonderful contouring. The main blade is a little wider than the Coffin Jack and is a better cutter too. Stout build but with the contouring it's very elegant also. The secondary blade is wicked sharp!!! I call it the witches nail. Fantastic EDC that melts in your hand during use. Love this classic pattern and Mr. Bose does it right!

Ebony Cattle Knife - Another keeper for me. IMO the best collab I've owned by a mile as far as being a great user. 3 awesome blades, with 2 springs. Every blade is low profile and very comfortable to use the main blade, the smaller blades are tucked in perfect. Excellent contouring. Also very stout yet elegant. My top recommendation for sure and between my small collection of customs and collabs it's my favorite. :)
Thanks for that write up. I don't own any Case Bose knives, but I keep eyeballing them and wondering which one would be for me. Don't know if I'll ever spend that much on a single knife but it's nice to have a little information, you never know when weakness will strike :)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It’s great to get in-hand, experienced replies.

I had a dogleg it is a hefty little guy and thick. The cattle knife is over 3 ounces and stockman is over 4 and a large 4.25 inches. Only ones I know off hand.

Glad you can confirm the dogleg is heavy. I thought I remembered reading that on the forums here, but wasn’t certain.

The second Case decides to make a Mini Trapper Wharncliffe with CV steel, I’ll be all over it. That particular knife is at the top of my wish list right now.

I like the mini trapper patter a lot. I have one of the Shirley-era Queen made Northwoods in D2 and like it a lot. Trappers and mini-trappers usually have great, consistent actions.

Let us know how you like it!

So far I have owned:

Ebony Cattle Knife - Another keeper for me. IMO the best collab I've owned by a mile as far as being a great user. 3 awesome blades, with 2 springs. Every blade is low profile and very comfortable to use the main blade, the smaller blades are tucked in perfect. Excellent contouring. Also very stout yet elegant. My top recommendation for sure and between my small collection of customs and collabs it's my favorite.

Uh yea, we're gonna have to see that when it's done Drew. Call me very intrigued! :)

Thanks for the great first-hand observations! I’ll have to give the Eureka some consideration. I hadn’t really considered that before—maybe the shape of the secondary blade is what turned me off. You’re the second person to write what a sharp slicer that little blade is, and I prefer blades that slice well to thicker, more all-purpose blades. Thanks for calling my attention to this one.

I've only owned three - Coffin Jack, Tribal Spear and Norfolk. I've handled a Lanny's Clip and while it's impressive, it's too big and heavy. At that size and weight I honestly would prefer a pocket clip - same reason I sold the Tribal Spear. I sold my Norfolk as the Coffin Jack just kicked it out of rotation. I'm a huge fan of the Coffin Jack and its one I'd recommend completely. It's chunky in the handle but it just feels great in hand.

I think the wharncliffe trapper would be a great choice, but I agree with Signalprick Signalprick , it can be too flat with the exception of the stag. The ones Tony and Reese build are generally more rounded, they are like night and day in comparison.

The Muskrat collaboration is by far my favorite. In pictures it seemed like the higher wharncliffe blade would be uncomfortable in hand, but it's just fine now that I've handled it. Two useful and practical blade shapes supported by a single thick spring make it an ideal EDC. The blades are thinner than I expected, which makes for an excellent slicer. If you can get one, I highly recommend it.

New arrival....
View attachment 958718

I guess I need an ebony & maybe an abalone...
View attachment 958719

Superb collection Josh!

If I can get ahold of either, I know who my buyer will be... lol. I regret not hanging on to one of the ebony or brown bone examples I've had. Still hunting for a cattle knife though.

*There might be another 6.5 bone stag stockman available at an excellent price after tomorrow...maybe.

Back