Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Superb collection Josh!

If I can get ahold of either, I know who my buyer will be... lol. I regret not hanging on to one of the ebony or brown bone examples I've had. Still hunting for a cattle knife though.
Chris the cattle knife is definitely a more practical carry, I love the one example I have in chestnut bone and am also on the lookout for anothern. If you see a good price on one jump on it.
My daily edc rotation has been dwindled to three in stainless for this summer, my Case Bose cattle knife, CB premium stockman in brown bone ( in my oversized watch pocket right now) and my AC Warren custom. All my carbon is stored until the humidity dies down here in the Houston area...... maybe for good with stainless examples like these.

-PS- if you buy a cattle knife and aren’t happy with it I know a guy.:D

Last edited:
You guys are killing me with those premium stockman pics. It's just out of my price range.

Chris the cattle knife is definitely a more practical carry, I love the one example I have in chestnut bone and am also on the lookout for anothern. If you see a good price on one jump on it.
My daily edc rotation has been dwindled to three in stainless for this summer, my Case Bose cattle knife, CB premium stockman in brown bone ( in my oversized watch pocket right now) and my AC Warren custom. All my carbon is stored until the humidity dies down here in the Houston area...... maybe for good with stainless examples like these.

-PS- if you buy a cattle knife and aren’t happy with it I know a guy.:D

You're definitely my go-to CB buyer. I'll see what I can find. I just listed my stag lockback whittler for trade in hopes of snagging a cattle knife or other CB knives of interest. It's a solid and iconic Bose pattern, but I just can't shake the need for that cattle knife. Everyone swears by them and it has only fueled my interest.

How are the Wharncliffe Trappers in the hand? I have heard the clip is awkward to use as the Wharnie projects too far into the hand.
Sort of the issue with the new GEC Gunstock, great handle shape but the pen fills the contour when closed so you loose the advantage of the handle shape.

How are the Wharncliffe Trappers in the hand? I have heard the clip is awkward to use as the Wharnie projects too far into the hand.
Sort of the issue with the new GEC Gunstock, great handle shape but the pen fills the contour when closed so you loose the advantage of the handle shape.

Kinda depends on your hand size, etc. The customs Tony and Reese build are a bit thinner and more rounded; not as blocky feeling. The wharncliffe hits me in the folds of my fingers just right on the collaborations, but I have smallish hands.

Cattle knife arrived today. I like it but not in love with it not decided if it’ll stay or not. It’s very nice best ergos on a 3 blade knife I’ve held. Nice size and weight. Cover to bone and liner to back spring are perfect. And I’m a crazy nitpicker. Like the double clip and warnie blades

Forgot to add the main is quite loose when closed can wiggle it ever which way and it’ll stay even against the liner. Should I send it back?

I know some of these have a tiny bit of play when closed but should not be that loose

Forgot to add the main is quite loose when closed can wiggle it ever which way and it’ll stay even against the liner. Should I send it back?
Depends. If you like everything about it then no, I'd send it to Case to fix it right under warranty. At least you know what your getting back when they are done.

Had this NIGHTMARE scare for a couple of weeks when the Collab Pruner disappeared !:eek:

Ecstatic to report that it's been found safe and very sound :thumbsup:

Has this taught me anything? Nagging little voices about being more careful...:rolleyes: No it has not :D I choose to use.:thumbsup: But, I will say this, I'm more cautious about carrying more than one knife now, if you stuff your pockets or bag and travel with a few, it is the recipe for misplacing one:eek: Good to have it back is a poor way of stating my happiness...

h05yebM.jpg

Had this NIGHTMARE scare for a couple of weeks when the Collab Pruner disappeared !:eek:

Has this taught me anything? Nagging little voices about being more careful...:rolleyes: No it has not :D I choose to use.:thumbsup: But, I will say this, I'm more cautious about carrying more than one knife now, if you stuff your pockets or bag and travel with a few, it is the recipe for misplacing one:eek: Good to have it back is a poor way of stating my happiness...

h05yebM.jpg
Glad you found her Will! Loosing an enjoyable user sucks.... especially when it’s not a cheap’un.

h05yebM.jpg
Sweet news !!! When I saw you posted....I was hoping for a smile;):D:thumbsup:

Depends. If you like everything about it then no, I'd send it to Case to fix it right under warranty. At least you know what your getting back when they are done.
Good idea could do that. Couldn’t hurt. There’s a couple other picks I have they might could fix. The other two blades are loose but not nearly as bad. The main nearly rubs if you let it snap down.

h05yebM.jpg
That's great news, Will!
The only thing that would make me happier then you finding it, is me finding it. ;)

Requested to return the cattle knife. (Return accepted) Such a disappointment oh well don’t feel like sending it in a lot wrong with it and should never been sold to me especially as a “new” knife. Someone had already damaged the tip for me. Didn’t get that much time to look it over before going to work the more I look the more I think yep going back. Where the swedge ends strikes the liner and came with that nice black mark. BC14E8E9-B900-498D-A722-F9773D20FAE2.jpegFBFEDEC6-5C11-43F7-A1AF-072842A1BC80.jpeg

Last edited:
Back