Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

With the return of the cattle knife wasted no time in finding another. Man this trapper looks nice
View attachment 962918 View attachment 962919 View attachment 962920 View attachment 962921 View attachment 962922

Thanks! I'm glad somebody bought that ugly thing.:)
I was looking at it last night & if it was still there on the Exchange this morning, I'm afraid I would've had to buy it.
I thought those images looked familiar. I was eyeing that one myself. Nice catch!

I feel I could do with one of the 2018 Brown Bone Stockman...but buying unseen from abroad is alarming...plus I should save money :rolleyes: but there's trades and sales I suppose...:cool:

been looking too. Contacted case to see if theyd re cover it in dark molasses bone because I don’t really like the current cover choices. Said they would if they had the material and I know they do bc they just did a run of dark molasses bone and Damascus. Might have to sell off something to get one too

Thanks! I'm glad somebody bought that ugly thing.:)
I was looking at it last night & if it was still there on the Exchange this morning, I'm afraid I would've had to buy it.
Haha watched his reddit thread all day when the price dropped $20 I was like well if I want it my as well. Happy to help you save some cash

I thought those images looked familiar. I was eyeing that one myself. Nice catch!
thanks :) Couldn’t help myself after looking at the page all day. Usually I wait too long and miss it

I flush, clean, and lube most every GEC that I come across but have found with other brands that I typically don't. While cleaning some new ones today, I oiled the joint on my tribal and noticed the same gunk coming from the back spring that most all GEC's have. From the looks and feel of it the tribal was clean and smooth as can be, but I decided to give it a good flush and clean since I was already in the process on others and to my surprise the Case/Bose took the longest to clean out and produced the most black gunk by far. The tribal is even smoother and snappier now which is great, but I was wondering who else cleans and flushes these collaboration knives, do you find that they are fairly grimy? I suppose it is a good practice for all slip joints but a bit of a surprise on this tribal given its "feel" before none the less.

JJCayv2.jpg

I never flush any knife just because it's new. I was trained and learned the hard way "don't fix what ain't broke." I have 4 collaborations and use everyone. If they get goobered up in the kitchen, or hard to open due to grapefruit juice, I wash them in hot soapy water, rinse well, dry with a paper towel, and lube with light oil when needed. I may use a soft toothbrush. I occasionally polish with Flitz (I like shiny knives) and wax the ebony covers with Ren wax. I've never had "gunk" come out of a Case-Bose including my Tribal.

The Tribal Spear is about 4", the Stockman is 4 1/4", the Arkansas is 4 5/8" and the Yukon is 5 1/4" and despite its odd shape falls into the hand perfectly. May be the most comfortable of all of them.

Same size as the case Tribal Lock. it is very thin so makes pocket carry easy. The Wharncliffe Trapper is just 3 1/2" but fatter having 2 blades.

The Tribal Spear is about 4", the Stockman is 4 1/4", the Arkansas is 4 5/8" and the Yukon is 5 1/4" and despite its odd shape falls into the hand perfectly. May be the most comfortable of all of them.

I agree about the Yukon. It's a monster, but feels great in the hand. I love it in the kitchen. Ihave the tribal and AK as well. You have good taste :). You may want to try the Norfolk to round out with a smaller multi-blade. My dream is the Wilfred hunter in ebony, but I think that ship has sailed, plus no money.

Wow, that stockman is huge. I knew it was big, but after seeing photos next to a Tribal Spear it is a big knife.

I agree about the Yukon. It's a monster, but feels great in the hand. I love it in the kitchen. Ihave the tribal and AK as well. You have good taste :). You may want to try the Norfolk to round out with a smaller multi-blade. My dream is the Wilfred hunter in ebony, but I think that ship has sailed, plus no money.

Found my smaller blade in this Wharncliffe Trapper. 3 1/2" long with 2 full sized blades. The Wharnie fits right in the crease of my finger when using the clip so not grip issues.
The Wilfred is on my wish list as well. With a larger lock back knife I could then do without my larger two, and this Wharnie could well replace my Stockman.

IMG_6693.JPG IMG_6694.JPG

Wow, that stockman is huge. I knew it was big, but after seeing photos next to a Tribal Spear it is a big knife.
It actually handles well for such a large knife. It will fit into a Knives Ship Free leather slip. While I have not carried it yet I have had several of the Case Jumbo Stockmans on the 375 frame and the Bose version is more riunded and a better hand and pocket fit. That said I wished it was a Cattle knife instead, but my newer Wharnie may make either redundant

Heirphoto, I've been looking for a Wharncliffe Trapper in Ebony for a while, your posts are making me want one even more! Two very useful blade shapes, the curve to the handle and the fluted bolsters are the icing on the top.

Heirphoto—really loving all the pics you’re putting up! I prefer a thinner carry—are the wood handles or the bone handles thinner?

Not wanting to hi-jack the answer...but I find the Collabs have thin slab handles, wood might be a little slimmer but not much in it?

Found my smaller blade in this Wharncliffe Trapper. 3 1/2" long with 2 full sized blades. The Wharnie fits right in the crease of my finger when using the clip so not grip issues.
The Wilfred is on my wish list as well. With a larger lock back knife I could then do without my larger two, and this Wharnie could well replace my Stockman.

View attachment 963700 View attachment 963701
Very beautiful bone and blades. Mine will be here Monday can’t wait. The clip looks just like the clip on the Backpocket

Back