Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I’m new to the website. Signed up because I’m looking to purchase a Tony Bose Case Cattle Knife. New for new condition with great finish and snap. I’ve handled a couple of these and it’s my favorite pattern ever, but the main clip blade was mushy on both. Looking to acquire a really nice one. Thanks.

They can vary alot. Each knife varies so it is niot like one model is better than another. I have had about dozen of them over the years (pared down to a pair of Cattle Knives now) and some were sluggish, some had side play and some wonky finishing of bolsters, scales or badges but even those still had the heft and feel more of a custom than a production knife (even limited production). heftier feeling than any GEC I have owned but maybe not quite the fit and finish, at least of thiose from a few years ago as I stopped buying GEC a while back.

I suppose with Tony Bose passing this past year the Bose/Case collaborations are done unless there was one alreasdy in the works or they do a collaboration with Chase which would be pretty coool I think. I would be on board for at least one Chase Bose/Case collaboration knife although I have never bought one new, alwasy going with the secondary market at about 50% of retail.

Thanks for the response, but I can’t hardly find one available at a retailer or secondary market. I know of a couple places that still have one or two, but I’d really like to have the ebony wood version and I can’t find that one at all.

Also, buying retail you just kind of get what you get. So yeah, I’m with you, I’d like to buy secondary from an individual who has looked the knife over thoroughly and can tell me what I’m getting. Thought I’d start my search here.

Thanks for the response, but I can’t hardly find one available at a retailer or secondary market. I know of a couple places that still have one or two, but I’d really like to have the ebony wood version and I can’t find that one at all.

Also, buying retail you just kind of get what you get. So yeah, I’m with you, I’d like to buy secondary from an individual who has looked the knife over thoroughly and can tell me what I’m getting. Thought I’d start my search here.
Here's where you should post your desire to purchase https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/wanted-to-buy-knives.683/. Please read the Exchange guidelines first.
This sub forum is for knife discussion. Good luck!

Just received this One today and couldn’t be happier. Wonderful fit and finish and I’m loving this knife :thumbsup:
KsvxsYn.jpg

fPizU6C.jpg

View attachment 1542769 View attachment 1542770 View attachment 1542771 View attachment 1542768 View attachment 1542767

I believe that Tony would be pretty well satisfied with this locking Lanny. However, I must say that it took me a long time and a lot of patience to find one without issues. This one is just about perfect.

Tony did not like to see jigging ground off of knife handles around the edges during the finishing process. He explained that he would shape the handle before doing the jigging to avoid that. So many jigged bone knives that I see have a pool of jigging surrounded by smooth bone on all sides. This Lanny has jigging all the way to the edges. Great job Case!

Sometimes it is hard to find a good collab, but, when you do, they really are superb knives.

rpstrimple rpstrimple , in my opinion the collab cattle knife is one of the all time greatest. There is something about it’s size and shape that make it so comfortable to carry and use. And I am not even a real stockman fan. The wharncliff trapper is right up there as well. It might be my favorite overall.

Last edited:
chestnut.jpgebony.jpg

I just stumbled onto the 2021 Case/Bose collaboration - the HT Trapper. I haven't seen these mentioned yet and glad to see they are moving forward with them this year. They will be offered in six scales, including Chestnut bone and smooth ebony shown here, along with black canvas laminate, peach seed jig brown bone, smooth abalone, and bone stag. Price is pretty much where the collaborations have been for the last few releases. I think its a real good looking trapper with the long pulls and the modern take on the spey blade. Edited to add that these are 4" closed.

Nice to see that there is still at least one more collaboration knife. I wonder if there were other designs talked about for "down the road" that might still possibly be produced or if this will be the end. Would be cool to see them continue with a Reese Bose collaboration model at least once.

My once huge Bose/Case collection is down to a pair of Cattle knive, one amber bone, one chestnut but still feel I need one bigger blade like one of the lock back models and just keep one large and one small to actually carry.

Interesting! Tony told me last fall that it would be a different pattern. He wanted to do the HTT this year, but Case didn't want to. He said had scaled down the HTT Bullet pattern to 4 inches closed.

That should be a great pattern at 4” closed. Hope you’re doing well Mike.

Back