Cast Iron Beckerheads, Sound Off!

Not quite cast iron, but it IS awesome ! I do own some cast though. Lodge deep Camp dutch oven, # 10 i think, also have a Lodge 2qt seving pot w/lid.

18 eggs, 1 lb of sausage, 1 lb of bacon, 1.5 lbs of onions, 1.5 lbs of hash browns, 1.5 lbs of cheese !!! All in the same pan !!! :D From last years WNY Gathering.

I still can't figure out how to post more of my pics on photobucket since they revamped their site !!! :eek:

Last edited:
How does grilled Glock taste?

A little crunchy at first...
Thats actually FAL'ERs Glock.
My grill and cast iron.
That pic was at Beckerwest last fall.
Everybody here in the PNW eats Glocks and 1095 crovan for breakfast. :D

Hmmm those dont seem to go well together.......maybe Glocks and D2 or 1911's and 1095?

No pics now because it's the middle of the night and Mrs is sleeping. but in my pantry I have a Lodge frying pan, about 16". that my mother gave me. I love using it, and every time I do, I wonder how my little ol' mom ever lifted the thing, but she used it all the time. I also have a few smaller pans, round cornbread pan (not the flat pan style), a cast iron Lodge wok, and a Lodge Hibachi outside.

Love this thread!:D

How bout these?

20130526_161037.jpg

2013-05-27%252017.56.59.jpg

More cast iron pics as we prepare tonight's dinner!

I've seen one of those Lodge grills. How do you like it? I think it would be great. It's been on my wishlist since I saw it a while ago.

IMG_1757_zps1058e00a.jpg

The only photo I have of my cast iron.
I also have the standard 8" and 10" lodge skillets and a griddle. I use my skillets several times a week.

No idea. It's a stainless percolator that came from my grandpa when he moved from his house to veteran's housing.

It looks identical to one my buddy has, we use it on winter trips and keep it full of water an near the fire all day long so when you want something hot... its right there. He got his from his grandfather as well (and old railway worker) and the kettle has no markings on it. I've been looking for something similar in flea markets and antique stores for ages to no avail. Yours looks to be in great condition!

I'm in. Thanks for the chance.

Beckerhead #65

6273662241_1d9e0a41a6_b.jpg

8727669024_7f9c24c8f9_b.jpg

This thread is so full of win.

I've seen one of those Lodge grills. How do you like it? I think it would be great. It's been on my wishlist since I saw it a while ago.

Liking it a lot so far. Been cooking on it the last three days. Today will likely be day four!

Last edited:
Oh man! I just finished breakfast and I'm starving after reading this thread!

Wow! this thread is a winner for sure!
I inherited my grandmother and mother's collections, but they are all in the storage unit now (along with everything I own).

Loves me some cast iron! use it exclusively at home and camping. What are the Beckerhead cleaning tips? I use either boiling water and scrubbrush or scoop of cheap kosher salt and rough paper towel myself

post bacon and eggs on the 60's coleman, very chilly morning!
imgp3141800x451.jpg

My buddy Tommy's first camping trip. Couldnt pry him away from the stove cooking Yugoslav style skinless sausages
photo9l.jpg

Some Becker content, wanted one of these since I first saw Guyons and Bladites collections years ago!
imgp3755800x451.jpg

Loves me some cast iron! use it exclusively at home and camping. What are the Beckerhead cleaning tips? I use either boiling water and scrubbrush or scoop of cheap kosher salt and rough paper towel myself

You've pretty much got it man. Then a little wipe down with some oil before it gets put away.

This thread is making me want to start scrounging around thrift stores for a Griswold waffle iron.

This thread is making me want to start scrounging around thrift stores for a Griswold waffle iron.

Let me help motivate you some more :D
0DFECA5F-A6E7-4852-913C-348A3ED18F41-2854-000003D4121A8AE5.jpg

981755B9-6C28-47F1-9B07-8B9C478F76C2-2854-000003D40E8AE0C1.jpg

1A56BBAB-3311-495E-8623-DB332C1C4B68-2854-000003D413F8829C.jpg

What she looked like before restoration: some idiot used black spray paint to try and cover up the rust and gunk. I had to strip the paint and crud and then remove the rust before re seasoning. A ton of work!
6F61077A-98AE-47ED-AE9A-12F2E04847A6-14870-0000115A8BD97906.jpg

9945B358-23D1-45B4-A942-03E4BD01B63E-14870-0000115A8DB6674A.jpg

Let me help motivate you some more :D

Oh, you jerk.

can you use that on the electric stove??
One of the reasons I prefer griswold is they mostly don't have that raised lip on the bottom, so they work fine on my glass-topped electric stove (yuck). Unfortunately the round griddles don't sit flat, but we might make a thermal gasket to mate the two surfaces... That beautifully refinished 12" round griddle is begging to be used. Credit to '71Commando for that addition to the household.

Man, I'm psyched to see so many folks are into using cast iron.

We have Lodge 5SK and 10SK skillets with lids, a older Lodge reversible griddle (which I don't see on their site) and an Wagner's 10" round griddle (perfect for pancakes) that my wife has had for over 20 years.

Oh, and of course the Sportsman's Grill!:D

Thanks alot guys. Hit some thrift stores today and grabbed some new iron for the house. I can always count on people in the forums to get my attention focused just where it needs to be. I warned my wife this morning that I had found this thread. Anyways looking forward to trying it out.

Back