Cat People

Morgan is our neighbor's cat who comes to visit. We worry about him wandering the neighborhood, so we let him visit when he feels like it. He's such a handsome fellow, that I wouldn't be surprised if someone kidnapped him.
VeoU3oAl.jpg

WRbJEF9l.jpg
That’s a beauty 😻

What, in your opinion, is a cat's favorite thing to be in?

I can't figure out they prefer to be in the spotlight, in the way, in some kind of trouble, or insane. I'm leaning toward "all of the above at the same time as often as possible".

Siamese twins. Two males, littermates, now 10 years old.
One of them has been my avatar since I joined BF a few years ago.
Very social and very talkative!
View attachment 1824464View attachment 1824472View attachment 1824473
We are Siamese if you please…

Great looking cats.

However, as much fun as a talking cat may be, I think two Siamese cats in the same house would drive me bonkers.

Unfortunately, I don’t have Jace, my grey tuxedo cat any longer. He passed away about one month ago. The house just isn’t the same without him.

I can't figure out they prefer to be in the spotlight, in the way, in some kind of trouble, or insane. I'm leaning toward "all of the above at the same time as often as possible".

A box. You can use a real box, draw a box on the floor, or put down a sheet of paper (just saw a video of that one). They will go into a bound space for some reason. 🤔

However, as much fun as a talking cat may be, I think two Siamese cats in the same house would drive me bonkers.
It can be annoying. The routine of one of them is to start loudly meowing as soon as my wife and I sit down to breakfast. The current tactic is to give him a catnip mouse to play with, and this usually gives us enough time to finish the morning meal. I could go on, but you get the idea!

I do love cats. After my last one passed I couldn't bring myself to get another one. He was my boy.

I've helped rescue a few strays since then but I could not bring myself to open my home to another one permanently.

These animals are not just "pets". They are parts of our families. Their time with us is short and it could end at any moment.

A cardboard box.

I will surely weep when Smokey passes, assuming he doesn't outlive me. Sorry to hear that you don't have a live-in kitty buddy any more.

Smokey's hobo shelter litter box. Privacy for him and no rubbing poopy paws against the wall (his poop burying habits are ... hit or miss)

IMG_7404.JPG
IMG_7405.JPG

Back