Cat People

I have grown up with dogs and cats at home but once the old cats died we were unable to make the dogs accept new cats so for safety reasons no more cats at my home/shop.
Late last year right after I moved to my new place I found a little kitty on my street half a block from home - like two months old or less - and could bring it home temporaril since the dogs were not here ye at that moment. Fortunatell, a good friend helped to find it a new home so this story had a happy end.

My old boy Tess
As long as I give him something to stand on to see outside the yard, he stays put.
When my dog was doing rehab on the treadmill for her blown out knee, my boy Tess took to the treadmill right away.
Since then, as soon as the treadmill beeps when turned on, he comes running for a quick walk session.
Unfortunately I cannot get him to run on it... only walk. Keeps him in shape though 🤷‍♂️

NHwatchfrm.jpg

Our cat got diabetes recently and yesterday went into diabetic shock. Our animal hospital saved her and implanted a FreeStyle Libre so we can monitor her glucose levels with our phones. It is taped and stapled to her, but she doesn't seem to mind it. They only last 10 days before being replaced, but it is better than me pricking her for blood throughout the day.

IMG_3104.JPGIMG_3105.JPG

Our cat got diabetes recently and yesterday went into diabetic shock. Our animal hospital saved her and implanted a FreeStyle Libre so we can monitor her glucose levels with our phones. It is taped and stapled to her, but she doesn't seem to mind it. They only last 10 days before being replaced, but it is better than me pricking her for blood throughout the day.

View attachment 2060102View attachment 2060103
We're about 2 weeks into giving our cat insulin shots. Bringing him in tomorrow to get a BG curve done to see if the dose needs to be adjusted.

We're about 2 weeks into giving our cat insulin shots. Bringing him in tomorrow to get a BG curve done to see if the dose needs to be adjusted.
We are also about 2 weeks in. Still in the adjustment period, too. Her glucose is up and down; we were talking to our vet today about it. I'm hoping she is going into remission, but it's not likely.

We are also about 2 weeks in. Still in the adjustment period, too. Her glucose is up and down; we were talking to our vet today about it. I'm hoping she is going into remission, but it's not likely.
Yeah the vet mentioned that unlike humans, cats can go into remission...guess we'll see. They had us doing 1 unit of insulin twice a day, and after the BG curve today they increased it to 2 units.

Yeah the vet mentioned that unlike humans, cats can go into remission...guess we'll see. They had us doing 1 unit of insulin twice a day, and after thyringeee BG curve today they increased it to 2 units.
We went all the way up to 1.5 twice a day, but she had diabetic...i forget, anyway now we are all the way down to .5 twice a day and there is no .5 marker on the syringe, so It is pretty much guessing.

We went all the way up to 1.5 twice a day, but she had diabetic...i forget, anyway now we are all the way down to .5 twice a day and there is no .5 marker on the syringe, so It is pretty much guessing.
The syringes they used to teach us how to give shots didn't have 1/2 marks...they were bigger diameter so the space between whole units was tiny. The ones that came with the home kit are smaller diameter, so more space between whole units, and they have 1/2 marks.

This is Boots. We kept her from a litter found under our shed about 7 years ago.
Not sure what the deal is as I have the biggest dog in the area and the cats like to use our yard as a maternity yard 🤷‍♂️
Although she is the calm, zen like cat and much smaller than my boy Tess, I have seen her drop him with one paw and he goes running off when he is being a bit of a jerk 😂

bootsfm.jpg

Jack and Ripley, both gone now. Jack the tux on the left, lived to be 22.

mPFSfvX.jpg

Back