Charlie Campagna

Just stumbled on this news and read through the entire thread (another testimony to the inclusivity and empathy of the porch). Everyone has said it all. But I too was shocked to hear this, but so glad Lyle says he’s talking etc. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Charlie. Like others, a TC will be my carry tomorrow and for days to come. MJ.

I think I can say this on behalf of absolutely everyone...
Hearing news like this is always- ALWAYS terrible, but Charlie?.... just no no no, I feel quite sickened at the news, I am hoping with all my Heart that this is hopefully a small Stroke where the body is sending a warning!

Get well Charlie my friend, we love ya heaps and need you around for a long long time yet!

Oh my God this is the saddest news ever, Get well soon please Charlie. Donna and I will be praying for you and your family.

Everyone, I just talked with Charlie's daughter Melissa about his condition. He has had a stroke and it has affected his left side motor function and also his thinking somewhat. He cannot drive and will need months of physical therapy, but odds of a relatively full recovery are good. I'm still in shock myself, and information is sketchy as medical tests are underway, but I'm hopeful that he will make a full recovery with the help of therapy and care. Meanwhile, Melissa will be helping with his knife business until he is well enough to handle things on his own, and she was kind enough to permit me to give this short explanation of his condition to all of his great friends and supporters here on "the porch".

Get well soon Charlie! We miss you!!!!

yuRtzkc.jpg

Last edited:
Back