Chitlangi Bowie pants teaser

Like this?
3564e342d9b874ee64ecfc24c08014c2

9074550044fe4ff2ddbe77f9966d9d01

photos by ndoghouse from this thread:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/giant-chitlangi-bowies-insanity-defined-albert-einstein.1177594/
That's a great AKB! Going to have to check out the details!!!

Edit: Ah, Vim Kami! Niiice!

Last edited:
"So how does a giant Chitlangi Bowie compare to a Tarwar?"

The Tarwar is a true short-sword with a heavy blade, a smooth two-handed handle and no frills. The GCB is really a giant knife, as the name suggests. It has a traditional handle with the ring in the middle, the fat bell-shaped butt, chitlangi decorations and of course the beautiful double fuller on each side. The handle is not long enough or the right shape for a two-handed grip.

This Tarwar is by Lokendra Kami, one of my favorites. It's 29" overall length and a whopping 59 oz, much heavier than most HI Tarwars.

Tarwar29-Lokendra59oz-03.jpg

This Giant Chitlangi Bowie is by Bura. It's 25" overall length and 55 oz. Very heavy for a one-handed grip, but a spectacular blade.

GiantChilangiBowie25-Bura55oz-for-Dave-01.jpg

The Tarwar is a true short-sword with a heavy blade, a smooth two-handed handle and no frills. The GCB is really a giant knife, as the name suggests. It has a traditional handle with the ring in the middle, the fat bell-shaped butt, chitlangi decorations and of course the beautiful double fuller on each side. The handle is not long enough or the right shape for a two-handed grip.

This Tarwar is by Lokendra Kami, one of my favorites. It's 29" overall length and a whopping 59 oz, much heavier than most HI Tarwars.

View attachment 807034

This Giant Chitlangi Bowie is by Bura. It's 25" overall length and 55 oz. Very heavy for a one-handed grip, but a spectacular blade.

View attachment 807036
Thanks David for the info. I’ve got 2 GCB’s but no Tarwar to compare it with. That makes perfect sense as I see the difference in the handle length! Thank you for your time!

View attachment 807034

View attachment 807036
That Lok Tarwar is outstanding. Dibs!

That Lok Tarwar is outstanding. Dibs!

Since Lokendra is one of my favorite HI kamis, I want to clarify that Lok is a different kami. Nothing against Lok, but in my view Lokendra was special. He was only at HI for a couple of years, but in that time he made some memorable blades. For example a matched pair: a gorkha hat knife and matching female version, which he called "brave man and wise woman." Lokendra had quite the sense of humor, and in the first photo (below) he staged a marriage of the pair. The second photo of another of his gorkha hat knives shows the beautiful fuller work.

Gorkha-Hat-Knife-Lokendra-05e.jpg Gorkha-Hat-Knife-Lokendra-02a.jpg ChitlangiTanto21-Lokendra35oz-for-Dave-01.jpg

The third photo shows Lokendra's versatility. It's 21" overall length, 35 oz, and was done as a special order for the previous owner. The wood handle is chiruwa-type (full tang with pins), but wrapped in tape like a tennis racket. I like the effect, so I left the tape on.

Since Lokendra is one of my favorite HI kamis, I want to clarify that Lok is a different kami. Nothing against Lok, but in my view Lokendra was special. He was only at HI for a couple of years, but in that time he made some memorable blades. For example a matched pair: a gorkha hat knife and matching female version, which he called "brave man
View attachment 808280 View attachment 808281 View attachment 808282

The third photo shows Lokendra's versatility. It's 21" overall length, 35 oz, and was done as a special order for the previous owner. The wood handle is chiruwa-type (full tang with pins), but wrapped in tape like a tennis racket. I like the effect, so I left the tape on.
Oh, thank you for correcting my error and educating me!
Lokendra's work is exceptional! I do particularly like that third knife, the balance and proportion are incredible and it has such clean lines. It begs to be swung, it wants to cut. That's approaching my peak for blades of desire!

Back