• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Chris Martin AKA Phantom Steelworks!

A few weeks ago I sent Chris my Praetorian to "murder" within 2 weeks I had it back, looks great!! I then decided to order a custom by trading him some knives etc, it should be a beautiful blade, I have read this entire post from top to bottom and I'm still not worried, I do understand he had some hangups in the past but I also know he is working his butt off trying to catch up, I think my blade will be a few months from now, I have been in daily contact with him via text, he tells me what he's up to and his daily life, he's turned out to be a pretty cool guy to even just chat with. I hope I am not going to be one of the people who have to wait an insane amount of time for my custom, but I do understand he is busy, he may have taken himself out of the limelight, but he is still cranking away knives.

s2ONCzljI6zEKAhPppwEcxuZP8mMPWOD24BNC5U3Lrl4lFDMIBoKCB4DmWB_S2pkMKjHEmnz49Rtw9ThWKpehiuU6UCpjjEKBprLK8MPYrfMzhsLp6aozj-dg5qASJqeAY_NlP26MGzeCIB4QWd_JaesJAFCaJ2n0e4ezP1dCAGtEbmYl3RFa8_2WAvxoSgNIiKeVA45pT-K23Cs0xlbB6HssunyPR9Z9uyNG7EOGsnf9uNzLranR_pL1_WqXirSTjvxnM66q1-Q7WXoD3sMiBE8LZxk6YnBmMzgkvICvZ9t_VLqiGKkfAE5o_aFarg-VSaDZDIHPbEdFMGGAZoS_N4vK7Gp43f68YGUEXLLNjsw8zyPI4ONiunrVO2rh7ufMgcYkiSb0C8OTsqkwBjJvUctl6QpZnfWyMW293IIABpyk_cSqNTxsvT_4N9jtHII5mQaydV00UggUNUIh9up3pGgwLzrIek3f-3uqqOw_VREFYAfHmpXeBBLr90Q41ddMJoo8-kL5fBddG9t20z_u535KGHJU4YTUZzR3cO2mbGqSwobtjNvS6mEWz5s_ssi75ntKqdf4Zu67fpRig4ZFioz2FFLoLhQKnTXV9rg=w1425-h1898-no

A few weeks ago I sent Chris my Praetorian to "murder" within 2 weeks I had it back, looks great!! I then decided to order a custom by trading him some knives etc, it should be a beautiful blade, I have read this entire post from top to bottom and I'm still not worried, I do understand he had some hangups in the past but I also know he is working his butt off trying to catch up, I think my blade will be a few months from now, I have been in daily contact with him via text, he tells me what he's up to and his daily life, he's turned out to be a pretty cool guy to even just chat with. I hope I am not going to be one of the people who have to wait an insane amount of time for my custom, but I do understand he is busy, he may have taken himself out of the limelight, but he is still cranking away knives.

While I hope that you get your knife, I hope that he first makes the folks that have been waiting for years whole before a brand new order.

No worries at all? You must be very trusting because I don't know how one can have that mentality and expect a knife in hand within a few months after reading this entire thread. The cards seemed to be stacked against that outcome. Good luck though.

Nope, no worries...even if I do have to wait it'll be worth it, it'll add to the story of the blade, I hope to have it as an heirloom piece, so if it is soon, it's soon, if it takes awhile, it takes awhile. I do hope he catches up on his old orders tbougn, it would only be fair.

I just posted a thread on USN on the "Who's who" section (their feedback section). He is active on there so hopefully something happens. Dude is scum.

Thanks for the reminder.

EVERY THIEF has their apologists and their shills.

I have been looking for his address for years! I emailed him and told him I am aware I have been scammed by him. No response of course.

I have been looking for his address for years! I emailed him and told him I am aware I have been scammed by him. No response of course.

I actually just called the local PD where he lives. Got advice on what I can do. I basically need to file a police report with my PD to start the process of getting my money back (Hopefully). I think I will email him one more time and state what I'm about to do. See what happens...

That is some news! Please keep me updated!!

Will do!

I gave him until the end of July to send me the money he owes. This is what I emailed him:

"So Chris,
You've pretty much left me no choice. I just called the <redacted> PD and explained the situation. You are lucky I don't live in <redacted> otherwise I would have been on my way over with a cop to get my money back (Something they offered to do). Instead I was told to file a police report with my PD and have them figure things out. The ONLY thing that will stop me doing that is the money you owe me in my PayPal account before the end of July 2018.

I'm done being nice."

Will do!

I gave him until the end of July to send me the money he owes. This is what I emailed him:

"So Chris,
You've pretty much left me no choice. I just called the <redacted> PD and explained the situation. You are lucky I don't live in <redacted> otherwise I would have been on my way over with a cop to get my money back (Something they offered to do). Instead I was told to file a police report with my PD and have them figure things out. The ONLY thing that will stop me doing that is the money you owe me in my PayPal account before the end of July 2018.

I'm done being nice."

You've just told the enemy your battle plans.

You already know what sort of person you're dealing with, why help them out?

Back