• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Chris Martin AKA Phantom Steelworks!

So I have an update (No not a refund or knife), but I posted today on one of his wife's FB posts. Should I have? Probably not but dammit $2500 is a lot of money to just write off. The post was eventually removed and replaced. Not before I grabbed a screenshot of the conversation. I hated doing this but this is my last attempt at getting things put right. I wanted to share it...
UswonUg.png

This did elicit an immediate response from Chris via email, promising me a full refund ASAP. We shall see...

So I have an update (No not a refund or knife), but I posted today on one of his wife's FB posts. Should I have? Probably not but dammit $2500 is a lot of money to just write off. The post was eventually removed and replaced. Not before I grabbed a screenshot of the conversation. I hated doing this but this is my last attempt at getting things put right. I wanted to share it...
UswonUg.png

This did elicit an immediate response from Chris via email, promising me a full refund ASAP. We shall see...

Poor form on multiple ends...

Loops, I'm not sure what sort of alternate reality some people hail from but where I come from, when you're a pathological liar and thief, it's not the injured party's responsibility to spare said pathological liar/thief's family the realities of their crimes.

If you didnt want your wife and child to know you're a liar and a thief, dont lie and dont steal. You conducted yourself civilly and should be commended for that as I dont think I would possess such grace in the face of a $2,500 loss.

Spare his family the realities of his wrong doings when he showed no regard or remorse when stealing $2,500 from you and yours? That's ludicrous.

Loops, I'm not sure what sort of alternate reality some people hail from but where I come from, when you're a pathological liar and thief, it's not the injured party's responsibility to spare said pathological liar/thief's family the realities of their crimes.

If you didnt want your wife and child to know you're a liar and a thief, dont lie and dont steal. You conducted yourself civilly and should be commended for that as I dont think I would possess such grace in the face of a $2,500 loss.

Spare his family the realities of his wrong doings when he showed no regard or remorse when stealing $2,500 from you and yours? That's ludicrous.

Thank you. I really didn't understand the last person Blues Bender, I think they'd change their tune if they were in my position.

Several months ago I was going to meet up & buy a knife that was listed on a local firearm forum. Through emails, I learned it was Chris. Deal ended there. I'm sure the $ from that sale would have gone to reimbursing the customers he screwed. Dude is a tool.

Several months ago I was going to meet up & buy a knife that was listed on a local firearm forum. Through emails, I learned it was Chris. Deal ended there. I'm sure the $ from that sale would have gone to reimbursing the customers he screwed. Dude is a tool.

Dodged a bullet there my friend!

Good (kind of) to see some sort of update. If you end up getting your refund, post an update. I still want mine too haha

With all this guy has done, I really do not see it being a major issue that you posted in his wife's FB. If his family doesn't like it, then they need to handle it with Chris. Maybe not the coolest things to do; but then again ripping people off thousands of $$$$ and piles of lies just might be a little worse. :(

No issues posting that on Facebook. Air out his laundry so the the world knows. Screwing people out of big money is just downright wrong and shows no ethetics.

You know how I got here? Out of nowhere I just started searching for him on instagram after reading an old message I had with Skelton about one of Chris's knives. Alas! I find his instagram. I start looking at posts and notice his last post was 2016... odd. I click the link on his IG for his website, godaddy link is expired...very odd. A little more research and now I'm here. I really hope everyone gets their money back. 3 years.... wow.

Wish everyone here the best of luck. Keep the thread updated! I'm guessing still no refund since there are no new posts.

Back