Chris Reeve Green Beret Video Desrtuction Test Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
your methods of testing are crude at best the knife passed all the armys teting requirements any knife being hit with a 3lb hammer will break even the titanium will fail eventually what ever you are trying to prove you failed.

I hate to intrude, but you need to watch his other videos. I don't mean to be rude, but the only reason you are upset is because it's probably a knife you love. your response is understandable, but very immature.

Brett

since it was the green berets that wanted the knife they tested it under harsh testing breakage/digging how much weight it can hold edge retention fire resistance chopping cutting and they dont just test one maker or company and they have to submit their result and their must be a impartial observer present. the dod wont give all the requirements out. some of the threads ive read are parrtial to busse. any knife will fail at some point was this a knew knife was it used was it tamper with. if he is going to test knives first he has to do this 1. impartial observer 2. new unaltered knives 3. video not pictures 4. more than just one of the same knife 5 all test must be to test the claims of the maker not just beating the hell out of a knife. just my opinion but i think some funny buisness is going on here. i wont reply any more my points been made. nuff said!!!!!!!!!

this is not a scientific test, its a destruction test. watch the video and other videos of knives being destroyed. its not the be all end all of knife testing, but you can gather a pretty good opinion by WATCHING the videos.

You must own the "How the military, test knives" book, can you specify the tests the dod performed while evaluating their potential products?

this is my last time to post on this subject ive seen his video a 3lb hammer proves nothing its easy to get steel to fail the heat did it and hitting it side ways i got the titanium to fail.

this is my last time to post on this subject ive seen his video a 3lb hammer proves nothing its easy to get steel to fail the heat did it and hitting it side ways i got the titanium to fail.
the titanium? what titanium are you speaking of? sorry if i missed something.

georgegilstrap: It's not easy to get a good tough knife to fail with a 3lb
steel mallet. This is where you and many have it all wrong.

Is there a better stainless than s30v for tough-ish blades?

420J - does a mean job buttering your toast, and will not break in two no matter how much you pound on it.

Just don't expect it to hold an edge ;)

Have you not watched what he did to the CS GI Tanto and the Strider and RTAC II (the list goes on and on) All of those (much) cheaper knives came out far better when subjected to the tests. They give you a good idea of what your knife can and can't do. I saw an article somewhere about a soldier in Afghanistan using his knife to beat a firing hole in a cinder block wall so he could see/shoot out. (it didn't say what the knife was, knives weren't the point of the article) Don't you think Noss' test would be a real world indicator of a what a knife can/can't do for this soldier? Based on Noss' tests, we would know that the Strider and CS could hang in their for this abuse. Sadly, the Green Beret could not, and I like CRK alot. Clint

since it was the green berets that wanted the knife they tested it under harsh testing breakage/digging how much weight it can hold edge retention fire resistance chopping cutting and they dont just test one maker or company and they have to submit their result and their must be a impartial observer present. the dod wont give all the requirements out. some of the threads ive read are parrtial to busse. any knife will fail at some point was this a knew knife was it used was it tamper with. if he is going to test knives first he has to do this 1. impartial observer 2. new unaltered knives 3. video not pictures 4. more than just one of the same knife 5 all test must be to test the claims of the maker not just beating the hell out of a knife. just my opinion but i think some funny buisness is going on here. i wont reply any more my points been made. nuff said!!!!!!!!!

i feal mor dumlyr frum reeding dat. nuff said

go bak 2 skool an lern how 2 F-ing spel.

since it was the green berets that wanted the knife they tested it under harsh testing breakage/digging how much weight it can hold edge retention fire resistance chopping cutting and they dont just test one maker or company and they have to submit their result and their must be a impartial observer present. the dod wont give all the requirements out.
So . . . you're saying you believe this knife is much better than it appears because of testing you've never seen and results you cannot produce?

any knife will fail at some point
And apparently this knife's point of failure is far sooner than quite a few others.

i wont reply any more my points been made. nuff said!!!!!!!!!
You don't really have any points. You have only an emotional response.

Is there a better stainless than s30v for tough-ish blades?

12C27M, 12C27, 440A, 440B (but less tough than 440A), AUS-4, AUS-6, AUS-8 (borderline, but workable) 420 (borderline for acceptable edge holding in most knives, but quite tough, Buck uses 420HC with good results), H1 (but I've only seen it in folders, so it may not hold up in fixed blade uses). There are others I'm sure. Keep in mind, none of these will stand a chance in edgeholding against S30V when hardened to its upper limits, using normal bevel angles(~15-25 degrees per side). However, this particular model isnt hardened near the upper limits, so in terms of crisp, razor sharp edge holding, they (the above steels) wouldnt fair as badly. In long term edge holding they'd still be pretty far behind I'd think.

Two words. Prove it.

You say those are the tests. Show me proof of who was tested, and how they did.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

since it was the green berets that wanted the knife, they tested it under harsh testing breakage/digging how much weight it can hold edge retention fire resistance chopping cutting and they dont just test one maker or company and they have to submit their result and their must be a impartial observer present. the dod wont give all the requirements out. some of the threads ive read are parrtial to busse. any knife will fail at some point was this a knew knife was it used was it tamper with. if he is going to test knives first he has to do this 1. impartial observer 2. new unaltered knives 3. video not pictures 4. more than just one of the same knife 5 all test must be to test the claims of the maker not just beating the hell out of a knife. just my opinion but i think some funny buisness is going on here. i wont reply any more my points been made.

1. Noss is pretty darn impartial. Visit his site, and watch the vids.

2. I think most of the knives he's tested were new, and I don't believe any were altered.

3. He does post videos.

4. In a perfect world, I agree. However, I believe noss's hobby is expensive enough without buying multiples.

5. Most makers only claim "Tough". What would you have the tests consist of?

nuff said!!!!!!!!!
Touché.

It seems simple enough- I'm guessing from all the emotion that you have a CRK that you believe strongly in (obviously it passed all those "Green Beret" tests, right?)- just get a hold of a video camera and show how well it lasts when you do the tests that NOSS did to a knife that you know the history of. Heck, its your knife, do whatever tests you want that you think will show how tough and deserving of the title your knife is.

Are you there, georgegilstrap? Because you're right- "nuff said" (actually too much)- unless you're willing to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back