Civivi incite

Yo Mama

Gold Member
I swore I was done for a while, and that I wouldn't get a China blade. I just went back on both! I could not resist Damascus with shredded carbon fiber with copper flake handles. It checks off many boxes for me. Check them out, usually the Damascus gets hard to find once they are done with the runs.

Photo from Bladehq

Screenshot_20191227-171022_Chrome.jpg

I just saw that one on their site. I like civivi but am Skeptical on the scales. Curious to hear about yours once you get it in hand. I have been happy with their Damascus offerings though considering the price point. My little elementum raindrop is a favorite of mine.

I just saw that one on their site. I like civivi but am Skeptical on those scales as ive only seen/own the CF laminate so far. Curious to hear about yours once you get it in hand. I have been happy with their Damascus offerings though considering the price point. My little elementum raindrop is a favorite of mine.

I just saw that one on their site. I like civivi but am Skeptical on those scales as ive only seen/own the CF laminate so far. Curious to hear about yours once you get it in hand. I have been happy with their Damascus offerings though considering the price point. My little elementum raindrop is a favorite of mine.

What makes you skeptical on the handles so I can check when I get it?

I already had a damascus Backlash and like Edgeoflife Edgeoflife , I recently got a damascus/CF Elementum. The Elementum only cost a hair more than my MD Gent cost me 1-1 1/2 years ago and IMO it’s a much classier “budget gentlemans” type knife. The Chinese damascus blade and shredded CF/copper scales on the Incite are an attractive package for only $100. I may have to try an Incite on for size as well.

What makes you skeptical on the handles so I can check when I get it?

Don't get me wrong I like Civivis and own plenty of them including 3 DAM models which are awesome imo. I'm just thinking that's a lot of primo materials for only 100 bucks and curious of the quality of the scales, CF voids etc, and considering they've only done CF laminate up to this point that I know of but can't expect the world for the price either. Hopefully it's awesome And I'm more curious to hear your feedback once you get it to see if I need to grab one also!

Don't get me wrong I like Civivis and own plenty of them including 3 DAM models which are awesome imo. I'm just thinking that's a lot of primo materials for only 100 bucks and curious of the quality of the scales, CF voids etc, and considering they've only done CF laminate up to this point that I know of but can't expect the world for the price either. Hopefully it's awesome And I'm more curious to hear your feedback once you get it to see if I need to grab one also!

HQ8MKLD.jpg

After seeing the new incite pics about a month ago i've been stalking it's release and ordered the first batch i could find that hit the USA.
Ended up being Knifecenter and they were sold out within a day or 2, I went with the copper version and will be ordering the gold as well.
The scales are very nice with no voids (i assume the clear resin would take care of any issue like this) due to the unique look of the placement and amount of foil in each scale this is the kind of knife i would LOVE to cherry pick out of a table full of 20 or so.
Personally i wish my clip side scale was the show side on my example :)

The action is great with a well tuned detent and tight lockup as well as the in hand feel.

Minor Nitpicks:
Not all of the screw/pivot holes are perfect , my pivot hole slightly off center and edges not perfectly clean
Scales show some light mill marks (kinda look like finger prints) mostly noticed around the finger cut out.
I also wonder how the clear resin will hold up to light scratches and scuffs (will it eventually look duller/ milky?)
My blade was slightly off center and loosening to bring it to center introduces a tiny amount of side to side play.

HQ8MKLD.jpg

After seeing the new incite pics about a month ago i've been stalking it's release and ordered the first batch i could find that hit the USA.
Ended up being Knifecenter and they were sold out within a day or 2, I went with the copper version and will be ordering the gold as well.
The scales are very nice with no voids (i assume the clear resin would take care of any issue like this) due to the unique look of the placement and amount of foil in each scale this is the kind of knife i would LOVE to cherry pick out of a table full of 20 or so.
Personally i wish my clip side scale was the show side on my example :)

The action is great with a well tuned detent and tight lockup as well as the in hand feel.

Minor Nitpicks:
Not all of the screw/pivot holes are perfect , my pivot hole slightly off center and edges not perfectly clean
Scales show some light mill marks (kinda look like finger prints) mostly noticed around the finger cut out.
I also wonder how the clear resin will hold up to light scratches and scuffs (will it eventually look duller/ milky?)
My blade was slightly off center and loosening to bring it to center introduces a tiny amount of side to side play.
Wow that looks pretty impressive! unbelievable Civivi can make money on products like this for under $100! Looks like a high gloss? Is it slick? Either way it appears to be quite the value so I think I'll definitely be grabbing one and thanks for sharing yours.

Judging from prior offerings I'm hoping will see these scale options migrate to other models as well!

Wow that looks pretty impressive! unbelievable Civivi can make money on products like this for under $100! Looks like a high gloss? Is it slick? Either way it appears to be quite the value so I think I'll definitely be grabbing one and thanks for sharing yours.
Judging from prior offerings I'm hoping will see these scale options migrate to other models as well!

Yes it looks glossy, not any slicker then my plain TI or various CF but my hands are usually a little clammy so that makes it slighly tackier than the other handles, there are also some high spots with the carbon shred that give it a little texture and a lot of LOOK ;)

I wasn't interested in the Incite until i saw it with these scales, the basic specs suit my collection (around 3.5 blade,flipper,deep carry, <4.5oz) but its really the materials that push my knife buying decision over the edge.

Last edited:
Yes it looks glossy, not any slicker then my plain TI or various CF but my hands are usually a little clammy so that makes it slighly tackier than the other handles, there are also some high spots with the carbon shred that give it a little texture and a lot of LOOK ;)

I wasn't interested in the Incite until i saw it with these scales, the basic specs suit my collection (around 3.5 blade,flipper,deep carry, <4.5oz) but its really the materials that push my knife buying decision over the edge.

I was sorta interested when the incite with the g10/CF layered scales dropped but ended up grabbing a bestech ascot with that scale material instead which is nice btw. This variation of the incite is just over the top! A must have!

I have several Civivi knives. The Damascus Praxis is probably my favorite. Very well built. I just received a Governor and it is equally as bad ass!

Ok, the copper flaked one & the McKenna damascus just became available. Curse you Whitemountainknives! No...I love Justin. Great company, great guy. Ok, here it is...the GOOOOLD!

9Y6hiMc.jpg

The blade!

Ehr6mcd.jpg

Enjoy!

OR, it’s unbelievable how much profit is actually made on much more expensive knives?

Jeeze this thing is just about perfect. Centered blade, great flipper action, solid lockup, and great attention to fit and finish. Glad I got this one!

I made a quick video while it was still light outside. I apologize for my voice I have been sick lately.

Jeeze this thing is just about perfect. Centered blade, great flipper action, solid lockup, and great attention to fit and finish. Glad I got this one!

Still doesn't take up real estate like the BM Adamas. Oof, that's-ah big-ah meatball.

Cut some carpet today and felt a little gritty after so i took it apart cleaned & oiled.
Bearings were not placed flat side on blade so i switched that on re assembly and now its centered with no play.
Ordered the gold version today :)

DiId4ci.jpg

I made a quick video while it was still light outside. I apologize for my voice I have been sick lately.

Thank you Yo Mama for the video and to the rest of you BladeForum members! You are such enablers! Love the look of the scales and couldn’t decide which to try out so I ended up buying a copy of each version!

Back