Coffee

I opened the Black Rifle Limited Edition Holiday Roast. Wow! It is really good. I will be buying again.

I ran across this on a different forum earlier today. Didn't know if anybody here has seen it before. Thought you folks might enjoy!o_O

That thing is crazy, I kinda feel like I need to try it though

Lol. It might be fun to play around with a bit, but I don't have any interest in actually buying one since it seems impractical for how I drink coffee.

I have a Gaggia Classic, Ninja Coffee Bar, French press, and Aeropress...... I don't need another gadget!!

I have a Gaggia Classic, Ninja Coffee Bar, French press, and Aeropress...... I don't need another gadget!!

That’s nothing! :p

Let’s see...

Rancilio Sylvia w/ PID for espresso, Technivorm drip, Baratza Virtuoso grinder, Aeropress with stainless filter disk, Clever Coffee Dripper, 4 different sizes of French presses, 6 or 7 different pour-over cones, Hario Mizudashi cold brew (I blame you guys for this!), several old Bodum French press mugs, Hario Skerton hand mill (for travel), endless thermos and vacuum mugs, um, I think that’s it... :eek: :rolleyes:

Here’s the remnants of this morning’s coffee service. This is my travel setup; the Skerton mill, Clever Dripper, and 16oz. Stainless vacuum Nissan sipper Thermos. Love the CCD’s combination of French press immersion and pour over ease. A full #4 cone is almost a perfect 16oz. fill for the thermos. :cool:

0A942BCC-D2CA-4817-BC76-B29B18CBB494.jpeg

I really like my Clever Dripper, too! It offers the good parts of both methods while eliminating the annoying things. I like being able to walk away and let it steep for however long I want like a french press. It's also nice to not have grounds in the coffee and it's super easy to clean up. The bonus is that you can still use it as a regular filter cone if you want to.

It does make you learn very quickly just how much your coffee cups hold.:D

.....and my wife says, "It's just coffee!"

My wife doesn't get coffee at all, so there's no differentiating between Maxwell House out of a Mr. Coffee with tap water and a properly made cappuccino with Kona and filtered water. She just asks when the bacon will be ready.

I need an espresso machine. John seems pretty fond of that Gaggia unit. Anyone else have a recommendation?

I have a Delonghi Magnifica, and the Saeco Odea before it. I have been very happy with the Saeco automatic machines and they can be had refurbished for a pretty good deal. I paid about $400 for mine shipped from Seattle Coffee Works.

0ux0C5JP9CI_vVTF_CdPZ_HGQg3rGWez7dzzzCibgANOe6ch7bhMTtP35tc12ZY_P_KzElakMBucPjg3R4IDvpvvMEDeR-sRTK6pa1iuyrXUQGkmmiaBrAh5l614zgzO8EQtYicVEDfVgIf9Ur_w2IqpjzeLmNvbropx3Ky18rvMe4H-bwO2FtSHsSAdiITg_CiIXhgN35NPn1KkzrPHZVcXxLq2V-IfFBKEaPkxxLonjJjafu36MoXZAjujjsW1oiLtcFf_YCtmrJB1PXONOhzOQFOFmqwvUIWoKqC9u2EU38r88vt3wEMv3P4oSdWBQk4n859hp-ylRrqQR6BEs-QzXxscMeWLGdf_gmF51q5X81VT3R7rLMRzOvu7DOdHRDqJG05o-dluabkz0srX5d9hyJkxtY-AvTG7d2_w77KPDdi0C8XI3NBSR9CXZZb0aPemFDCHzzTvAdkgG9-YCR6Ue2Fs8VPW60XFqHVYmF2OtjoiT1RFlhEpimKXxsGv9Vyf6xUS7m3l9s82H022n9NUJvHnQ-eFxJ01PX_7qDC8RwvEmU24mLd_-sccXnvla4CAEuGLse7_7TkNmux3azx0RoRV0MFWZfAEU9o=w611-h1085-no

I was recommended the Gaggia Classic or Breville Duo Temp on another forum (although I've still not made a purchase), there's a place in my city called Whole Latte Love (dot com for their website) that sells machines and has some refurbs, they have a live chat feature too if you wanna chat with them but they seem cool and 2nded the Gaggia as a decent reliable workhorse on a budget

The BRC AK might be my new favorite. It is good in the drip and makes excellent espresso with huge creme.

Back