Coffee

Mine is out and scheduled to arrive Christmas Eve. Getting it in under the wire! I hope my giftee enjoys the coffee and knife.

View media item 5334
Mine arrived Friday but I didn't get a chance to tuck into it until today. Holidays are always demanding at work haha. They all cup well, and taste great. I did the Myanmar as a pour over, and other as espresso. They preformed well, and are surprisingly balanced. I am going to keep trying them different ways over the next few days since I have some time off from work! Thanks man!

Afternoon cappucino... :) Sweet Maria's "Ethiopiques" blend, which has become my favorite of their standard espresso blends. :thumbsup:

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

My pre-ordered Carothers HDFK that arrived not terribly long ago. One of the only times I've ever paid ahead for any knife, but Nathan has a great reputation! That was a hard wait! :eek: But it's a pretty fantastic knife! :cool: :D

View media item 5334
Mine arrived Friday but I didn't get a chance to tuck into it until today. Holidays are always demanding at work haha. They all cup well, and taste great. I did the Myanmar as a pour over, and other as espresso. They preformed well, and are surprisingly balanced. I am going to keep trying them different ways over the next few days since I have some time off from work! Thanks man!

Let me know what you think of the coffee soap also. Interested to find out if it actually works to remove kitchen odors.

20181224-101748.jpg

Merry Christmas-eve everyone! I'm starting it off on a wonderful note with a cup of this fantastic Colombian that came as a surprise gift from dannyp dannyp . Thank you for the lovely gift. Brightened my holiday for sure.

My gift exchange package arrived today from joeldworkin307. :D :thumbsup: Haven't had a chance to open it yet, as it's been crazy today, and I have a prime rib about to come out of the oven for the family get together. I'll open it tomorrow on Christmas Day! :)

Merry Christmas guys!

I never posted that my package came from SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak . Glad to exchange gifts with you Jared. I'm pretty sure we crossed paths a few times when I lived in Lakewood a few years back. Got some fun knives, a sharpening stone, and some of Jared's famous home roasted coffee in a beautiful light to medium roast. Excited to give it a try! I think you'll like my gift. Some great Chicago coffees and a knife you won't find in Golden...

SPyderPhreak coffee.jpg

20181224-101748.jpg

Merry Christmas-eve everyone! I'm starting it off on a wonderful note with a cup of this fantastic Colombian that came as a surprise gift from dannyp dannyp . Thank you for the lovely gift. Brightened my holiday for sure.

You're welcome. Monofletch Monofletch had a part in it too by getting me your shipping info, as I wanted it to be a surprise.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas.☕

I hope all of you have some good coffee for Christmas morning!! We have a group of good people here in this thread and I am glad we are friends!
If anyone ever wants to swap coffee of blades anytime of the year I am always open for a mystery box!
Merry Christmas

Hey guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year!!! Here's my secret santa stuff that I opened from Joel on Christmas morning!!! :D :thumbsup:

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

So we have here a couple great coffees, a cool French press mug (that I was previously unfamiliar with), and a pretty unusual, vintage Spyderco Delica. :cool: Back in ~2003 I had some Bodum French press mugs, that traveled to Europe with me, and saw a ton of use at work! I literally wore them out (and the Dutch guys I worked with thought I was crazy, lol ;)).

So far, we definitely prefer the Two Brothers as a drip/press brew, and the La Colombe as an espresso/cappucino. Both are nearly gone now. :(

Now, moving on to this unique Spyderco. :eek: I haven't really had a chance to research this thing yet, but because it has an integral FRN clip on the back, I know from experience that it's definitely older than ~2001. But I don't recall a Delica ever having Kraton grip inserts. :confused: And that box, yeah, that's Japanese writing there... Maybe a JDM-only model??? :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_3465.jpg

Thank you Joel!!! :cool: :D

I never posted that my package came from SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak . Glad to exchange gifts with you Jared. I'm pretty sure we crossed paths a few times when I lived in Lakewood a few years back. Got some fun knives, a sharpening stone, and some of Jared's famous home roasted coffee in a beautiful light to medium roast. Excited to give it a try! I think you'll like my gift. Some great Chicago coffees and a knife you won't find in Golden...

View attachment 1043086

Thank you for the gift Joel! :thumbsup: Love it! :cool: It is very possible, I grew up in Lakewood and still have family there.

You're welcome. Monofletch Monofletch had a part in it too by getting me your shipping info, as I wanted it to be a surprise.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas.☕

Very cool of you to do that Dan!!! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just roasted some of the India that Y'shua sent. Went a little darker than I wanted with the first batch, but there is still plenty left to mess around with.

I roasted some of the Yirgacheffe from my Christmas package last night. It's been a while since I had any, and it turned out pretty good. Just enjoying some while cleaning off some snow today.

Love me some coffee. Studies continue to find it has various potential health benefits. Such as, Protects DNA from damage.

Consumption of a dark roast coffee blend reduces DNA damage in humans: results from a 4-week randomised controlled study

Abstract
Purpose

To determine the DNA protective effects of a standard coffee beverage in comparison to water consumption.
Methods

The single-blind, randomised controlled study with parallel design included healthy women (n = 50) and men (n = 50) recruited from the general Central European population. The subjects were randomised in a coffee and a control group, with stratification for sex and body mass index. The study comprised two periods of 4 weeks: a preconditioning period, with daily consumption of at least 500 ml water but no coffee, nor tea, nor any other caffeine-containing product. During the subsequent intervention period the coffee group consumed 500 ml of freshly brewed dark roast coffee blend per day, the control group consumed water instead. On the last day of each period, blood was drawn and analysed by comet assay (single-cell gel electrophoresis) to assess the level of DNA damage (strand breakage).

Results

At the end of the intervention period the mean level of DNA strand breaks in the coffee group has decreased in comparison to the control group [difference in means 0.23% TI (tail intensity), p = 0.028]. The mean change from baseline (delta value) was − 23% in the coffee group (p = 0.0012). Effects of coffee intake were similar for men and women. During intervention, neither group showed any significant change in body weight or calorie intake.

Conclusions

Our results indicate that regular consumption of a dark roast coffee blend has a beneficial protective effect on human DNA integrity in both, men and women.

Source:

https://rd.springer.com/article/10....MmgvEVCn08ITbtBlMdR9qbh0gM-nK8VWxy280tl_iZWhE

And article in LEF magazine covering various benefits:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2014/7/New-Health-Benefits-From-Daily-Coffee/Page-01

I have an order from Black Rifle due tomorrow.
I got Freedom Roast, Freedom Fuel, and Red White and Brew

Last edited:
Back