Coffee

While we are waiting....
thanks for the beans buddy! cchu518 cchu518

View attachment 1245510
I'm going to out myself and say that I've been known to stand on a line of commuters around Grand Central station trying to get a heartbreaker espresso or...(I'm outting myself here) a cappucino from Cafe Grumpy. Currently, around NYC, Laughing Man, Cafe Grumpy, Gregory's and Devocion are my favorite roasters in the city!

I'm not counting places like La Colombe, Blue Bottle and the like as they're technically not local roasters even though they rank high on lists of best coffee shops in NYC. I actually don't like those roasters as much as the aforementioned either!

While we are waiting....
thanks for the beans buddy! cchu518 cchu518

View attachment 1245510

Hey, I've had some of their beans! :D Picked them up when I was in Buffalo almost 2 years ago. Still love the name of that place! :cool:

I'm going to out myself and say that I've been known to stand on a line of commuters around Grand Central station trying to get a heartbreaker espresso or...(I'm outting myself here) a cappucino from Cafe Grumpy. Currently, around NYC, Laughing Man, Cafe Grumpy, Gregory's and Devocion are my favorite roasters in the city!

I'm not counting places like La Colombe, Blue Bottle and the like as they're technically not local roasters even though they rank high on lists of best coffee shops in NYC. I actually don't like those roasters as much as the aforementioned either!

Can't blame you for standing in line for a good shop! ;)

Thank you Santa. I am blown away and wish I could tag you but your secret remains. I was expecting coal but I guess I did a few good things this year. Santa hooked this brother up!
View attachment 1246978

Congrats! No worries "outing" your Santa, it's usually only a secret until you get your gift box.

With that said, I also received my SS gift box on Monday. Thank you Monofletch Monofletch !!! :D :thumbsup:

I texted him before I got it, and it actually arrived at my door while we were talking. He got to talk with me "live" as I was unwrapping it. Full disclosure, I had figured out my SS as soon as he shipped the box, as I got a text notice of an inbound shipment from St. Louis through the "My USPS" dashboard.

He was trying to throw me off the scent, saying he had sent me "27" knives from Frost Cutlery, lol! :p Upon opening the box, what was on TOP of everything, but a magnificent Frost Cutlery "Park Ranger II"!!! :cool: :eek: ;)

I unloaded the box, and found 3 bags of coffee, a bunch of glitter (o_O) off of the Christmas tags, the Frost knife, a BF t-shirt, a microfiber cloth, and another wrapped box. As I was setting everything out for the picture, I tossed the box onto the floor, and something metallic came out and hit the wall. Almost missed the Kershaw K-tool...

IMG_4936.jpg

I wanted to wait to open the wrapped box, but John said to open it, so I did. How cool, a Lionsteel SR2! :cool: I haven't had anything from Lionsteel before (and John figured that out), and this is a great little beefy knife. Love it! The color is cool too (and my son's favorite color).

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

A few other pics...

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

Made a cup of the 25th anniversary blend right away, and it surprised me a LOT! Despite being Kenya, Guatemala, and Columbia, it reminds me of an Indonesian or dry-processed Ethiopia.

IMG_4942.jpg

What fun this swap is!!! :D I'll be shipping soon, having some difficulty figuring out my giftee...

Last edited:
Thank you Santa. I am blown away and wish I could tag you but your secret remains. I was expecting coal but I guess I did a few good things this year. Santa hooked this brother up!
View attachment 1246978
Yes, you should definitely keep @Fullflat's identity secret; he's a dangerous man. Wait, crap...

Back