Coffee

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Monofletch, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Now if it wasn’t so dang hard for you to get to a Post Office.

2. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Oh, I know a guy.....

3. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Mine is headed WEST of the Mississippi!!

4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Mine went out this morning, heading for the big Apple. It shows it should be there Tuesday, hope it passes mustard.

5. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    While we are waiting....
    thanks for the beans buddy! @cchu518

EFFB9C87-917F-4111-9631-A9F6D6A470AE.jpeg

6. strongbear0

strongbear0 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2011
    On the agenda today, a little Katz pumpkin pecan cold brew with my Custom Degs Kane XL and my new favorite for the moment.

[​IMG]

7. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm going to out myself and say that I've been known to stand on a line of commuters around Grand Central station trying to get a heartbreaker espresso or...(I'm outting myself here) a cappucino from Cafe Grumpy. Currently, around NYC, Laughing Man, Cafe Grumpy, Gregory's and Devocion are my favorite roasters in the city!

I'm not counting places like La Colombe, Blue Bottle and the like as they're technically not local roasters even though they rank high on lists of best coffee shops in NYC. I actually don't like those roasters as much as the aforementioned either!

8. Y'shua

Y'shua Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2015
    I'll be shipping today. Just roasted a bunch of stuff fresh. We are at -35F here currently though. Hoping it doesn't bother the beans to much. The oils in coffee beans hate freezing temps.

9. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Thank you Santa. I am blown away and wish I could tag you but your secret remains. I was expecting coal but I guess I did a few good things this year. Santa hooked this brother up!
    upload_2019-12-10_14-16-32.jpeg

10. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    You must have been pretty good this year or good at hiding your indiscretions.;):D

11. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    That appears to be a local coffee shop, just sayin'! Follow the cookie crumbs to find Santa!

12. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Yep says Port St Lucie, FL! The same as Kringles address:)

cchu518, woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  13. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    That elf is from the South Pole!!

14. Taylortat

Taylortat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Two new additions. Hopefully I can decide which one to carry over this cup 2D1E3E3B-54A0-49E9-AC85-DDC067E9D611.jpeg

15. GotSteel

GotSteel Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Received my gift yesterday, photos coming soon!

(I should also be shipping by Friday)

16. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey, I've had some of their beans! :D Picked them up when I was in Buffalo almost 2 years ago. Still love the name of that place! :cool:

Can't blame you for standing in line for a good shop! ;)

Congrats! No worries "outing" your Santa, it's usually only a secret until you get your gift box.

With that said, I also received my SS gift box on Monday. Thank you @Monofletch !!! :D :thumbsup:

I texted him before I got it, and it actually arrived at my door while we were talking. He got to talk with me "live" as I was unwrapping it. Full disclosure, I had figured out my SS as soon as he shipped the box, as I got a text notice of an inbound shipment from St. Louis through the "My USPS" dashboard.

He was trying to throw me off the scent, saying he had sent me "27" knives from Frost Cutlery, lol! :p Upon opening the box, what was on TOP of everything, but a magnificent Frost Cutlery "Park Ranger II"!!! :cool: :eek: ;)

I unloaded the box, and found 3 bags of coffee, a bunch of glitter (o_O) off of the Christmas tags, the Frost knife, a BF t-shirt, a microfiber cloth, and another wrapped box. As I was setting everything out for the picture, I tossed the box onto the floor, and something metallic came out and hit the wall. Almost missed the Kershaw K-tool...

IMG_4936.jpg

I wanted to wait to open the wrapped box, but John said to open it, so I did. How cool, a Lionsteel SR2! :cool: I haven't had anything from Lionsteel before (and John figured that out), and this is a great little beefy knife. Love it! The color is cool too (and my son's favorite color).

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

A few other pics...

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

Made a cup of the 25th anniversary blend right away, and it surprised me a LOT! Despite being Kenya, Guatemala, and Columbia, it reminds me of an Indonesian or dry-processed Ethiopia.

IMG_4942.jpg

What fun this swap is!!! :D I'll be shipping soon, having some difficulty figuring out my giftee...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  17. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Yes, you should definitely keep @Fullflat's identity secret; he's a dangerous man. Wait, crap...

18. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Lol. I wasn't going to say it, but so much for that... ;) :p

19. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I think I'll be safe. He's got a couple knives with shiny new edges headed home that might buy me some favor.

20. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013