1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Coin pocket Spyderco

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by The Dude1, Nov 12, 2015.

1. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Techno or C22 CF Walker in my coin pocket most days.
    [​IMG]
    Orange Techno today though
    [​IMG]

2. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar

Jan 17, 2004
    Damn straight.

3. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar

Jan 17, 2004
    Ladybug, Manbug or Dragonfly.

4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Get a G10 Manbug. You will turn your nose up at everything else afterwards.

5. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Serrated Dragonfly Salt

6. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    If you can grab an old school Kiwi, it makes a great coin pocket carry knife.

7. demoncase

demoncase

Jun 9, 2013
    Lots of great choices: Techno, Leafstorm, Dragonfly, Air... Ladybug or Manbug would also work nicely

8. MSgt

MSgt

Mar 3, 2006
    I carry my [1st Gen] Kiwi there.

9. barkdog

barkdog

Mar 3, 2012
    Because the original posted mentioned 'food prep' and 'coin pocket,' I'd say that's Dragonfly for him, all the way.

(The Techno is great, but the blade is so thick at the spine that I think it'd be an apple 'splitter,' for sure; and the Air is a fav of mine too, but the increased corrosion resistance on the VG10 Dragonfly seems like a wiser choice.)

I gotta diverge a bit, though, and point out my new fav. coin pocket knife: the Squarehead. It is SO crazy thin, it disappears... it's great to pull out around sheeple for opening packages, cutting string, etc. (It's probably next-to-worthless in food prep, though! But I carry something larger for that. ;)

10. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    On one of my keychains I have a Squarehead and it's very handy for opening packages and small cutting tasks. Small 1.3" blade.

11. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    There are alot of options it seems. I've got my eye on a DLC coated PM2 and some copper scales so the Dragonfly seems like the right fit. Now should I go plain edge or Salt SE? I've got a Sharpmaker, but I'm still in thr learning phase. I've been practicing on my pops old retired police models. Can't seem to quiet get were I want it

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  12. TheOutdoorNerd

TheOutdoorNerd

Oct 30, 2015
    Plain edge VG-10 for the DF2! I never thought a pocket knife could take as much abuse as mine has. Hard to go wrong with the ZDP version either.

13. michaelm466

michaelm466 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2009
    The Bradley Air is being discontinued, do I might go for that first, since it will be harder to find than the others soon.

14. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 22, 2013
    I usually carry one of these, but for the past few days i have been carrying a Chicago which is like a locking Squeak.

[​IMG]

15. sharpdentist

sharpdentist

Aug 28, 2015
    The Native5 is too big for the coin pocket. Checked it right now. The dragonfly2 is my choice for the mission. H1, vg10, zdp189, as long as it is df2

16. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Also, if you can find one, a Meerkat.

e0184922_1455234.jpg

17. mael333ca

mael333ca

Jul 5, 2012
    the g10 man bug is my choice EDC right as I work in an office. It feels great for such a cute little blade and is quite sheeple friendly I'd say

18. bh49

bh49

Dec 27, 2005
    Today I carried Memory in my coin pocket. May be it is a little too big for coin pocket, still it is a wonderful knife.

19. mikeinct

mikeinct

Jan 27, 2007
    I just bought the Man Bug..Reg. No clip on those ...So far I just looked at it.. my Chicago is my front pocket knife...Mike

20. SpeedHoles

SpeedHoles

Jan 18, 2015
    Lava

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]