Cold steel 2014

The only hope i have left for this year is for some more blades to come out in the warcraft line.We wont any folders , and id be surprised to see any other big ticket fixed blades.
I really hope to see a spear or drop point Warcraft.

Soooooooo........ Any folders?

Cold Steel themselves have pretty much confirmed we aren't getting any folders beyond the Eland this year, so unless they just drop a big surprise, I would guess not. Though the XL Counter Point that was announced for 2013 never was released last year, so I guess you can count it as a 2014 release...

The Magnum Warcraft is pretty cool. Any estimate of when that will be released?

This year is all about the fixed blades and the swords, spears, machetes etc. that make up the rest of our diverse catalog.
We have a lot of new folder projects in development (there are at least 8 that I know of, and many more in advanced prototyping) but they are not scheduled for release this year to my knowledge.
I know last year was a big year for us with folders, but this year is the year of the sword

Okee doke. It is easy for a Joe Schmoe like myself to sit back and criticize someone else's hard work, and I apologize for that. I enjoy C.S. products and some will be more appealing than others due to our individual interests.
:)

So to our mod...is this all the 2014 offerings? Nothing new has been posted for a couple of days so it seems so, but BladeHq had a couple of other machetes listed for pre-order that haven't been posted, just wondered if their listings were totally wrong, if those items were planned then plans changed but BladeHq wasn't aware, or if we still have a couple more items to look forward to?

hah. Well, it will be an old school design all-around, I guess. Always look on the bright side :)

Anybody know what type of tang it will have?

Still want to see the last two machetes one sounds like a new version of the Sax machete which would be cool. So any reason why they haven't been shown yet ???? Oh and is Lynn ever going to redesign and release the Pilum spear we saw a couple years back.

Love that MAA Hand and a Half and the Bowie. Can't wait to see the videos!

Only thing I see so far that I was little bummed about was the sheath for the new Bowie. Love the frog attachment, but it still a dedicated "righty" sheath.

http://www.coldsteel.com/images/Products/AltImages/88CSAB_5.jpg

I wonder how the stud is attached to the sheath. If it threads in, it might be possible to remove it, drill a hole, and thread it into the other side, then just flip the frog around. The backside of the frog would cover the hole left where the stud was originally positioned. Most likely it's riveted like the typical Sam Brown stud, though, which would make modding much harder.

Still want to see the last two machetes one sounds like a new version of the Sax machete which would be cool. So any reason why they haven't been shown yet ???? Oh and is Lynn ever going to redesign and release the Pilum spear we saw a couple years back.

The listings were a "bolo machete knife" and a "heavy machete knife". They already have a regular bolo and heavy machete(which is basically what's known as a cane knife or corn knife), so I assume it's new versions of those, not a new version of the sax.

This is the description that Blade HQ has: The Cold Steel Heavy Machete features a sheepsfoot 1055 carbon steel blade with a black backed-on anti-rust matte finish and a 5-5/8" polypropylene handle. Sheepsfoot blade on a machete sound's like the old Sax machete to me but I could be wrong. Hope we find out soon either way.

Back