Cold steel 2014

I wonder if there's going to be a few more items or is this all. I really like the sword's being less expensive and I will probably buy a cutlass hybrid but I was hoping for more machetes and the less expensive fixed blades like the Finn Bear and Outdoorsman Lite. Can't always get what ya want.

I like all of the new stuff from you guys.. But, I am a bit perplexed by the strategy of just unveiling swords and the likes instead of a mixed offering. It might just be me though.

View attachment 410311

View attachment 410310

THAI MACHETE
Weight: 29.4 oz
Blade Thickness: 2.8 mm
Blade Length: 22"
Handle: 14 1/2" Long Polypropylene
Overall: 36 1/2"
Steel: 1055 Carbon Steel w/Black Baked-On Anti Matte Finish
Sheath: Cor-Ex™ Sheath
MSRP: $49.99
Link: http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/97THAMS/THAI_MACHETE_W_SHEATH.aspx

This I might buy. I don't have a ton of use for a 2h machete, but with an MSRP of $50 and a street price prolly closer to $30, I imagine it'll be too tempting to pass up.

Yyyyyeah, I'm picking that Thai machete up. Hell, I'm going to pick up a few of those and build up an armory for all my friends for when the zombies come.

This years line up sucks!

It doesn't suck for me!

View attachment 410311

View attachment 410310

THAI MACHETE
Weight: 29.4 oz
Blade Thickness: 2.8 mm
Blade Length: 22"
Handle: 14 1/2" Long Polypropylene
Overall: 36 1/2"
Steel: 1055 Carbon Steel w/Black Baked-On Anti Matte Finish
Sheath: Cor-Ex™ Sheath
MSRP: $49.99
Link: http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/97THAMS/THAI_MACHETE_W_SHEATH.aspx

An inexpensive, all purpose dha!

Ok that Thai machete saved the lineup for me :)
Very cool. Not something I will use a lot. But still very cool. I´ll get at least one.

Disappointed. Not just because of the lack of new folders, but the lack of practical blades in general. The most useful thing I see in the new lineup amounts to a less efficient method of cutting my grass. I continue to like CS products, but I find these offerings underwhelming.

Keep it moving guys, Enough with the 'I'm disappointed" comments. Where all these comments on the other makers 2014 lineup? Most other companies aren't offering anything any better.

Question about the spears of the new line up: are the sockets fully enclosed so you can't see the shaft or are they the wrap around/one side presentable-one side exposed shaft, like the current boar sprear and assegai spear? .

Back