Cold Steel released the AD-15

Phosphor bronze and teflon. I took mine apart and replaced the two pairs of washers with a single pair of .625" OD x .25" ID x .01" thick washers. That's the only thing you need to do, in my opinion, to make these folders perfect.

Mine will be here Friday, where do I acquire said washers?

I'd help you out but I actually ran out of those specific washers with my AD-10. I might have some other ones that would fit, though.
Just kidding, I wouldn't put anyone on the spot like that. I was looking at their site and they have what I need so I will place an order. I do appreciate it though but I need a different set for my Dpx too so the order is necessary.

I ordered an AD-15 today. Don't know when they will be in stock. It still said pre order. Now for the wait.

Almost pulled the trigger tonight on an AD15 on eBay, but seller didn't accept returns, so I didn't follow through. Been seeing a couple complaints about the lock-up so want to make sure I buy from someone who accepts returns just in case.

I decided to go ahead and get an AD-10 anyway!

It is a beast! They did a really nice job on this knife.

The clip is.... just butt ugly!! I guess that I could call it utilitarian, but it is just ugly. I think that I am going to remove it. I don’t like clips in general, but usually keep them on the knife. This one, though, has got to go!

USA Knifemaker, if I recall correctly. I have a giant stockpile of different washers because I do this swap so frequently.

Thanks again for the heads up on the bronze bushings I got mine in and yes much smoother. I had to drill them out and flat sand them a little but that's easy peezy.
I did buy several sets in case I find more knives that need them. They are inexpensive for sure.

Update on the CS ad15, I carried it around awhile and decided it is a little big for my tastes so my brother gets an early bday present. All around a great knife needing only a little tweaking.

I ended up buying another DPx HEST F, so far my most used and favorite folder so why not a spare?

Back