Cold Steel U.S.A. Made Traditional?

it does sorta look like the cattleking (queen) or any jumbo stockman for that matter but for those kinda bucks it better have proper swedge on the blade for the long pull, like its shown kinda looks like a cheapie
Gene

it does sorta look like the cattleking (queen) or any jumbo stockman for that matter but for those kinda bucks it better have proper swedge on the blade for the long pull, like its shown kinda looks like a cheapie
Gene

This is the stuff I don't know about traditionals that I was curious about. Thank you guys for the tips.

The first thought that came to mind when I saw it was Utica. But would fit with Queen's willingness to use high end steels.

Has anyone seen one of these, yet? Perhaps someone who was at the show? I wonder when it will be available? This traditional 3 blade stockman has amber jigged bone scales and, get this, S35V steel blades that are full flat ground.

Cold Steel has made a major improvement to their line this year overall in steels and new designs. I am happily surprised to learn that they have revived their traditional line as well (previously made for them in carbon steel and black covers by Camillus I believe.) Amber bone and FFG powder steel sounds pretty great to me!

Merging with thread containing discussion of this knife.

If they didn't make such a big deal in the writeup about the blades being made out of Chuck Norris's tailbone, I'd see about a $50 knife.

Cold Steel has a new limited edition stockman for sale, with really nice jigged bone (or imitation jigged bone) scales, and S35VN steel! The price tag is a little high, the only link I could find was directly to Cold Steel's for sale site. Who made it for them? Buck? They don't use S35VN steel, do they? I was thinking Queen, but Queen uses CPM154 and 154CM for their Tuna Valley line. It doesn't look like GEC, and GEC doesn't use S35VN. Canal Street possibly? They don't use S35VN either.

I don't know if I'm going to get it, it does look pretty nice but I'd like to see how the fit and finish compares to Case Bose annuals before I plunk that kind of change down. Any news, ideas?

I think there's already been a thread about this one Dan :thumbup:

Consensus seemed to be that it looked OK, but the price was crazy! :D

The blades look very plain to me. $349 MSRP and no swedges? Not to mention the use of nickel silver furniture. At that price they should have used stainless steel.

- Christian

At that price point I would expect some thing less plain. Fluted, pinched and/or slanted bolsters, swedged blades, mammoth scales....then perhaps. I think Cold Steel has a big miss on their hands here.

The prices I've seen are asking way too much. It better be Bose quality, I don't think it will be though.

It's not in my wheelhouse one way or another, but it's definitely an interesting piece. It's a full-sized stockman with three S35VN blades. I can't really think of any alternatives that check off those boxes, so it's hard to tell/say if the ~$200 street price is ludicrous or not. I guess it'll come down to the F&F. I do agree that it looks rather unspectacular, but who knows how that'll really translate in the hand. I'm intrigued. I just hope Cold Steel set the bar high for this one and delivers a highly polished (not literally,) product. More solid competition at every price point is a good thing for everyone, even if this price point is a little above my pay grade.

Going to merge the threads.

The price has been hashed and rehashed. $350 is the MSRP. Street price will be considerably less. Likely 200 to 250. And the cost of machining 3 blades per knife of S35VN makes that street price realistic in my opinion.

Back