CollectorKnives / LionSteel Otnat

What say you?!?!

I think it looks pretty cool. I was actually in the process of ordering a custom knife on a similar frame when I got the text.

What is this kind of pattern called?

I'm sure it will be popular!!!

It's a folding hunter. A particularly popular old pattern.... one might argue that it is the traditional pattern that had the greatest influence on present day knife designs.

It's a folding hunter. A particularly popular old pattern.... one might argue that the pattern is the traditional pattern that had the greatest influence on present day knife design.

I think the different blade shape threw me off from recognizing the hunter handle shape. o_O

Is there a photo or link with this thread? I'm not seeing the subject knife.

Ray

I missed what the blade steel is. Did Mike mention that in the video?

M390

I think the different blade shape threw me off from recognizing the hunter handle shape. o_O

WWWXTqh.jpg

Is there a photo or link with this thread? I'm not seeing the subject knife.

Ray

CK0213EB.jpg

...and I personally find the blade on this one to be... well... ugly.

And that's coming from a guy who carried a Benchmade 940 every day for close to 10 years (before getting into traditional knives). :D I think maybe it's the far-forward shortish-long pull. Something about it just looks odd to me.

And that's coming from a guy who carried a Benchmade 940 every day for close to 10 years (before getting into traditional knives). :D I think maybe it's the far-forward shortish-long pull. Something about it just looks odd to me.
Hopefully there will be another version with a thumbstud instead.

Thanks for the view. I think it has potential but would certainly not want to buy it without trying it in hand.
I'd sharpen that little swedge and find it useful.

Ray

I like that they're doing something different but my money's on hold for one of the sheepsfoot Dom's that should be coming out soon. I think the long pull would look less out of place if the knife was closed. I could do without the swedge and the plunge line looking thing on the spine it creates. Messes up the flow of the blade and gives too much of a tactical look, kind of like the CRKT M-16 spearpoint knives. Does make me think it could be a sexy blade with some slight modifications.

The swedge looks like the GEC #43 Northfield, I'm sure I don't care for the reverse tonto. I can see where the modern guys might like the blades shape. I would rather see the #43's blade shape on it, with that change I'll be all over it. A 3 7/8″, M390, hunter. :) :)

Interesting looking knife, but it looks a little big for my daily carry.

The position and shape of the long pull reminds me of the scagel slip joints with the open pull. I wonder if this one would look better with the pull drilled through?

I am happy to see more of these modern traditionals but this model I will pass on at least at this time.

It is really a pinch open blade, thus I put the pull where it would be good traction for those folks that pinch or be a good pull for the rest of us. It's not for everyone.

Even in the modern tactical knife World, from where I hail from, the reverse tanto is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is definitely my style. I love Tantos. I now have the clip Shuffler which I also love. I guess my point is that there’s a whole herd of us modern folder folks who are and will be attracted to the essential traditional style, but with modern touches like blade steels, grinds, and materials. I’m debating which version I will get. I’m thinking the canvas micarta. I hope it’s nice and rough. I also would have liked Stag. Mike, I like your devotion to your projects. Kudos.

Back