1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

combat knife throwing... I'm not kidding you

Discussion in 'Throwing Knives & Knife Throwing' started by CapitalizedLiving, Aug 7, 2011.

1. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016

Watch near the end of this video . Fedin'd daughter Olga shows her stuff . This is very good for true combat throwing because there is very little "wind up" or telegraphing to warn the enemy to block or dodge . It's heavy going to understand, but early in the video Yuri Fedin tries to explain his style and where the power comes from .

K Williams likes this.
  2. hank_rearden

hank_rearden

Jun 7, 2002
    Roman plumbus and pillum
    Indian Chakram
    Ninja shaken and tonki
    Frankish throwing axe
    Chinese shaken, darning needles, bamboo leaves

DocJD likes this.
  3. bowfin

bowfin

Jun 20, 2005
    When my son was in middle school, I bought him a Cold Steel tomahawk for his birthday. His other present was a four foot diameter slab of Silver Maple, which made his summer. He threw and threw and threw some more until he could stick most anything right or left handed. His most impressive trick was throwing a knife and tomahawk at the same time and sticking them both. However, the thing he threw that looked like it would be the most lethal was a Cold Steel Kukri machete. It would stick VERY deep with an ominous quiver. It got pretty beat up that summer, but I really think that would fatal to a person on the receiving end with most throws. I don't know if anything else my son threw would reach the vitals more often than not.

DocJD likes this.
  4. syco1138

syco1138

Jan 8, 2014

You wouldn't happen to be on Zombie Squad, would you? A bloke there said damn near the same thing, I think in the "My Job, My Hell" thread.

5. Trevor_Phillips

Trevor_Phillips

Aug 22, 2016
    Someone a lot more talented than me could probably make it work. Personally, I can get a throwing knife to stick to plywood a third of the time if I'm lucky. Knives aren't that effective of a weapon unless you REALLY know what you're doing. And if you kill them, it won't be instant. They'll just slowly leak to death. I'd rather just carry and train with a concealed firearm. Just make sure you can put your entire magazine center mass from 25 yards away. That way if I ever need a weapon for "combat" I'm more likely to walk out alive. Plus, I'm simply not going to throw a folding knife. And if I happen to have a fixed blade, I don't like the prospect of literally throwing away a close quarters option. With how rarely people encounter real life or death danger, my advice would be to get out before trouble kicked off. Watch the people around you. If someone looks like they're about to start trouble, pack up and go literally anywhere else. Especially because even if I come out on top of that fight to the death, I don't want to be the guy holding a weapon when police show up

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  6. Clayton58

Clayton58

Aug 15, 2018

7. Clayton58

Clayton58

Aug 15, 2018
    A no spin knife throw requires extreme talent.