• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Communication issue resolved !

This has got to be the ultimate WTF is going on thread.
I just sent gun man a PM. Now I am going to wait for an answer.

I know ...seems a lot of members had something to express ...thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To Esav and ALL FORUM MEMBERS who got involved in this 2 day rant, started by me, because of my impatience and ignorance. I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO Dwight and to all of you and I promise to use more patience and common sense in the future.
Today , I received the knife , shipped by Dwight on Feb 21st.
I don't know what else to say except that I am truly sorry for the DRAMA I HAVE CAUSED. Please accept my apology and believe me when I say that I WILL EXERCISE MORE PATIENCE IN THE FUTURE.
Thank you,
John Lasky (marlington22)
P.S It is a VERY NICE KNIFE

Last edited:
Glad it all worked out!

BTW, if he did not post his full name, then you shouldn't either.

After reading everything that happened here I never ever thought this would get resolved with the result being the knife would randomly show up without any word from the seller either to the buyer or within this thread.

Glad to see this end well - and OP got the knife he wanted. Lessons hopefully learned by those involved.

It was a wild ride and I am ready to get off ....lesson learned and will be remembered. Thanks to All.

Maybe edit out Dwight's last name in the post above??
In the future, NEVER send money before the seller responds to your ill take it in the sales thread.
This would've prevented this whole disaster.

Last edited:
Lessons learned
For the part I played in some of this thread
Marlington22 you have my apologies

Just try to understand..People in here that have solid reputations.
Are that..SOLID folks.. The communication may have been a bit lax
but in the end..You received an outstanding knife.

Moderators are here to help make this place outstanding and to help
with resolution..

This thread also allowed you to see the very TRUE dedication and belief in each other
many members have.. Integrity---Character--Respect--Trustworthiness..

I as many wish you well in your time in our BF community..

There are a few lessons to be learned here. First - good communication can prevent most every "dispute." Second - the importance of $40.00 can vary wildly among people. It may be nothing to you or me, and a great deal to someone else. Finally, it's always a good idea to give the mods a chance to resolve an issue like this before resorting to GBU. (Props to OP for recognizing where he made mistakes, and owning them).

John, although you jumped the gun and got a little too excited, you manned up, took responsibility, and even apologized. And, you got your knife. Good for you. Now, pictures!!

Hello to all sorry for this incident ,computer went down been using phone to try to answer email thought I emailed marlington 22, sorry to him also, if all is not well and in full satisfaction I will gladly issue a full refund, sorry to all again. Dwight

The OP did one thing right that made this transaction much less risky even with the mistakes-he used PP goods & Services. He was never at risk of loosing his money even if the seller had gone to the dark side. I encourage him to continue to do so on future transactions + it's the right thing to do if you use PP IMO.

Back