condor thai enep camp knife

LoftyLarge.jpg

13Jan20113.jpg

The LW looks like it may be a hot spotter for pinch grip snap cutting.

The RM has a Better handle.

Some one *cough cough* (condor) should make a "Ray Mears Parang with a full tang.

Here's the ENEP right out of the box. You can see, the edge is VERY thick. This basically bounced off of wood.
attachment.php

Here's a view down the edge, from Condor.
attachment.php

The photo with the ENEP stripped has the NEW edge. After I finished the edge and gave it a quick sanding overall, I took it out and gave it a pretty rough testing. It is a great knife, it snaps very well, and bites deep now. I did some batoning and lots of chopping. Its a keeper now for sure.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I also gave the ENEP Machete a good run, its pretty much a beast right out of the box! I stripped mine, and touched up the edge, but it was super sharp from the factory. IT is a monster machete...the biggest one I have ever swung, thats for sure.
The sweet spot is really big to.

Last edited:
In spite of it feeling so big, the Enep Machete only has a 18" blade! Now try the Tapanga! :eek::D:thumbup:

One of the Enep Knives I had received had an obtuse edge, and it also had some other stuff wrong with it too so it went back. All the others were good though. :thumbup:

Here's the ENEP right out of the box. You can see, the edge is VERY thick. This basically bounced off of wood.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The photo with the ENEP stripped has the NEW edge. After I finished the edge and gave it a quick sanding overall, I took it out and gave it a pretty rough testing. It is a great knife, it snaps very well, and bites deep now. I did some batoning and lots of chopping. Its a keeper now for sure.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I also gave the ENEP Machete a good run, its pretty much a beast right out of the box! I stripped mine, and touched up the edge, but it was super sharp from the factory. IT is a monster machete...the biggest one I have ever swung, thats for sure.

Belt sander or some sort of wheel?

I just got my enep knife in yesterday and it is EXACTLY like this. Very blunt edge grinding, bounced off the wood I attempted to chop, and the grind lines at the tip did not meet, so there was NO point. One of the handle pins is loose too.

I was going to send it back, but I can get it sharpened and re-ground for the cost of shipping so I will get it fixed up this weekend. The handle will be re-done too. Love the way it handles, it will be a great blade to keep in the camping gear, etc.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

After some work, its a really cool knife. I love mine. I accept that knives like this are often not the best out of the box, and thats cool with me.

I just got my Thai Enep knife in and had the same problems as the others. I am very surprised that Joe would back something like this. Condor needs more QC in their process. My edge is so off and the tip is all jacked up. It is going to take a lot of work to fix it. I am just so surprised that ESEE, Joe, and Blind Horse would all have their products made by Condor with the way my blade is. If this is the way Condor is going to be making their stuff then this will be my last. Hopefully this is an issue that can be resolved.

Just get in touch with Rick Jones at Condor--he'll take good care of you. Their QC may be spotty (that's why I inspect all of mine) but their customer service is second to none. ;):thumbup:

I haven't posted in a looooooong time :) . But I just got my Thai enep blade that I ordered from Baryonex knife co. ( The reason I bought it from Baryonex is because I wanted to see if their 7 point inspection system was just talk or if it was real and I must say this is the best sight unseen knife I have bought period. Great job Baryonex knife co.:thumbup:) It is a very nice blade. I can't wait to use it.:)

No problem, brother, and thanks for the kind words! :) I made the decision a long time ago (back when I worked at a local cutlery shop) that I wouldn't sell a customer anything I wouldn't be happy carrying myself. It helps me sleep at night. :p

Now go beat the tar out of it! :D:thumbup:

do all the screws go through the tang or are there some fake ones ? if not why are there so many screws or bolts

They're rivets, and they go all the way through. I think there's so many because it looks neat. Three would be sufficient.

Back