Convex EDC Thread

This is the one I put up for sale recently:

314-0006.jpeg

OAL: 6.5 inches

Blade:2.75 inches. Blade is made from 1/8 1080 steel, differentially tempered and ground with a full convex, which also provides a moderate distal taper on the forward half of the blade.

Handle scales are by fod- shadetree phenolics. This is the deep green burlap phenolic, and has a nice and subtle pattern. Pins are 316 stainless stock.

Sheath is an expedition style, with removable or reversible belt hanger that can be set up for RH or LH carry. (RH carry in the photographs). A little extra room have been left in the horizontal straps for making it easier to mount to a pack strap or belt.

314-0009.jpeg

314-0008.jpeg

314-0013.jpeg

314-0014.jpeg

314-0019.jpeg

314-0018.jpeg

What I'm planning to do is make more of these, but not on a full custom scale right now. (there's this whole moving to nevada thing going on this summer, you know. Timing)

So:

I'm making these, as close as possible to the same shape, but there may be slight variations in blade length and handle length as I don't work from direct templates or patterns.

All, for the moment, will have a shadetree phenolics handle in one of the burlap colors. (there's some nice ones floating around the shop now, and another order to be made soon)

I may vary a bit between the expedition, ranger, and outback (full flap) sheaths.

So, this isn't necessarily a strict signup thread- but if you are interested, I'll go in some rough order of posting here as "first refusals" when I finish one, and I'll post the progress here.

This is too funny...just posted on the for sale thread on this knife and thought..."This knife needs it's own thread on Koyotes forum." weird....

I'm interested in one, although given current finances it'll have to be more on a "first refusal" or "grab it if you spot it" rather than "solid commit" basis. If that doesn't work, I understand.

My .2 cents is that it would be cool to see it in 3/32, that slightly longer handles are better than slightly shorter ones, and that the slimmer and lower profile the sheath, the better for EDC... Just my 2 cents, worth the same...

There will be some variation- and I'll try to focus some on thinner overall- remember that with this "LBK" style of full convex a get a nice distal taper built in, so you don't keep the 1/8 spine all the way down. I'll see what happens when I try one in the 3/32 15N20, too.

I'm okay with first refusal type threads. I can guage interest and not be too commited to timelines on specifics until I get everything moved over the mountain. :D

Great idea. I like the Micro-LBK idea a lot--gonna make a great EDC. I've got the bigger "Warthog" cousin and really like it.

What's the price on these?

Sign me up.

Cool, maybe 3/32 not needed then. Good luck w/ move.

There will be some variation- and I'll try to focus some on thinner overall- remember that with this "LBK" style of full convex a get a nice distal taper built in, so you don't keep the 1/8 spine all the way down. I'll see what happens when I try one in the 3/32 15N20, too.

I'm okay with first refusal type threads. I can guage interest and not be too commited to timelines on specifics until I get everything moved over the mountain. :D

Any chance of going a smidge bigger or just a little longer on the handle? Or is that just heading into lbk territory?

looks awesome!!!!!!

Yep. There will very various things. I'm currently making a slightly slimmer one, and in addition to the 1080 I just got some more 15N20 ordered.

I am in for first refusal anyway. A 17 y/o daughter who just got her DL and now prom is a little draining on the finances :D but I love the look of all the Koyotes and would love to have one.

Keeping up- have one slim one glued up right now, and 2 that I should heat treat tomorrow or Wednesday.

Another has photos sent to someone, and I am finishing the spine draw on the next as soon as I eat lunch.

WIP photos of the walnut:

336-preview-0003.jpeg

It's HARD to get tiger to show up well in small pieces, but really worth it.

336-preview-0005.jpeg

336-preview-0006.jpeg

336-preview-0007.jpeg

Back