Cool stuff you have that others likely DO NOT....

This is a ball my grandfather had signed by the entire Cuban All Stars team (the one who beat the Baltimore Orioles in 1999).

IMG_1069_zps407f5e63.jpg

This is a shoulder holster made by a retired holster maker. David Galloway (Little Bear Holsters). I dont wear it often but I love this thing.

IMG_1068_zps9e04c060.jpg

I own the original of this painting by Carel Pieter Brest van Kempen. I like his work, and wish I had more.

ctoadlet.JPG

It's a device that pretends to make your forearms stronger by mimicking a motion that is very popular with young males and married males alike :)

One of the funniest things I've read in a long time :D

It's not that most don't own a shakeweight. It's that not many will admit it:)

GregB

Got this one-off from Chris Reeve. Made over 20 years ago. That's preban ivory that goes all the way through the knife. He called it a "Blackmoor Dirk." Overall length is about 14".

ReevesBlackmoorDirkAlt2.jpg

ReevesBlackmoorDirkAlt1.jpg

Must see thread, THX.

01082013philboguszewski.jpg

Bot this one of four terrific custom Boguszewski Stiletto, with Devon Thomas raindrop Damascus, from a gun collector @ OKCA annual meet years ago. Phil Boguszewski, from no prompting on my part, sent me an emailed letter describing my find. One of his other knives, Spike, brought his work to my attention. I've been told that he takes apart chronometers, cleans them and puts them back together for fun. Thank you Phil and thank you members.

attachment.php

A few of my favorite things--can't compete with Jason's shrapnel but…

In the center of this display is a photo of my great grandfather with his horse, Sergeant, taken on the banks of the Rio Grande in 1898. He was riding the river road to Brownsville, Texas from the ranch country in Hidalgo County, and had stopped to get lunch out of his saddlebag when another fellow happened along and stopped for a rest, also. The fellow turned out to be a photographer, and asked my great grandfather if he would like to have his picture taken, so he got his “city clothes” out of his bedroll, changed, and posed with his horse for the photo.

The photo, holster, Bowie knife and sheath (talk about “EDC”!), and gun belt were passed on to me by my father. The Colt .45 Single Action Army would have been the same model he carried, as described by my father. Its serial number puts the year of manufacture in 1901. I picked it up a few years ago to complete the set—four-click action is tuned, smooth and perfect, would be a great shooter, but it’s retired now.

attachment.php

A few of my favorite things--can't compete with Jason's shrapnel but…

In the center of this display is a photo of my great grandfather with his horse, Sergeant, taken on the banks of the Rio Grande in 1898. He was riding the river road to Brownsville, Texas from the ranch country in Hidalgo County, and had stopped to get lunch out of his saddlebag when another fellow happened along and stopped for a rest, also. The fellow turned out to be a photographer, and asked my great grandfather if he would like to have his picture taken, so he got his “city clothes” out of his bedroll, changed, and posed with his horse for the photo.

The photo, holster, Bowie knife and sheath (talk about “EDC”!), and gun belt were passed on to me by my father. The Colt .45 Single Action Army would have been the same model he carried, as described by my father. Its serial number puts the year of manufacture in 1901. I picked it up a few years ago to complete the set—four-click action is tuned, smooth and perfect, would be a great shooter, but it’s retired now.

Will, that is very cool. I love this sort of stuff. The knife is especially cool!!! Thanks for sharing mate :)

These might not seem like much, but they are specific in their parameters, where one small change creates a very different user experience.

P1030503.jpg

P1040029.jpg

P1060417.jpg

.300 at the top in a rounded corner square profile, .090" at the tip with a set length convex round taper. Change any parameter and they feel wrong.

I made 3 sets in the jade green g10, and one more in black for the friend who got the 3rd set initially. Mine reside in a velcro pouch in the concealed carry pocket on my Maxpedition lunada.

P1040025.jpg

P1040024.jpg

P1140959.jpg

P1140956.jpg

There are 5 sets of these, 3 green, one black and one blaze orange. Others do make g10 and carbon fiber chopsticks, but they are in very different styles and often very expensive.

Thanks Rob & Jason--glad you liked that.

Those chopsticks are so cool, LVC! Are they made for specific hand sizes/finger lengths etc., or is part of their magic that they work well across a wide variety of hand shapes/sizes?

I tried other lengths and found all of them to be akward for one reason or another.
P1030501.jpg

P1030502.jpg

P1030504.jpg

Everyone does have different hand sizes, if you were 6 years old or had size XXL hands the 8" length might be awkward, but my girlfriend has much smaller hands than me and she says they are the best feeling chopsticks she's ever used. Same for her friend who has similarly sized hands. If I ever made them for some one with larger/smaller hands that needed a different size I'd have to mess with the taper length to make sure they had enough grip surface at the top, grabbing length at the bottom, and so that their index finger ended up touching the transition point. It's a weirdly delicate balance. The 8" length seems to be the best universal size I've used/had others use.

I cant touch Jason shrapnel, , the anvil, the razor nor the quint essential edc from Will, and most others,. I am really intrigued by the chop sticks LVC cause I love sushi etc but I do have this from my wife that she bought in a yardsale with my Grandmother, no doubt, on my fathers side
just shortly after we got married!:eek:'):D

I dare not tell anymore:eek::eek:

but the same weekend the "Antique Roadshow happened to be in town....just right down the road from where they got it and I grew up. :D

THey said this was an original stone lithograph of Robert E. Lee in a "blue suit" just shortly before he resigned his commission.

It has hung over my hearth for years and I cherish it:)

20130108_114000.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how unique, but I have one of these.....

Remington model 51- the last pistol Remington made.

zzxyutzz_zps4261297b.jpg

Hunterseeker,

I used to work in a wood shop for 3 years, I would love to see what other tools you have!

I have a Civil war sword that my dad bought in VA 40 something years ago. The engraving on it is amazing.

IMG_0954_zps94ff65c8.jpg

IMG_0958_zpsb8bf6567.jpg

IMG_0969_zps0be46da5.jpg

IMG_0976_zps84d4a665.jpg

Back