CPK EDC2

The EDC2 was waiting for me when my GF and I returned from a trip very late Sat night. She runs a small business with office hours on the weekends in a shared space, and I usually help her set up and break everything down again. A knife is always needed to open boxes of inventory, cut flowers etc.
My GF knows how excited I am when a new knife arrives and that I am always looking for opportunities to put it to use.
Sunday morning, as we were preparing to head to her office space, she asked me if we should try out my new “Rhino knife”. Apparently, that is what the shapes and heft of the EDC2 remind her of. I think the name will stick, at least in our household. The EDC2, aka “The Rhino:D

It did great, of course - though it’s begging for more demanding tasks. And regardless of its new name, my GF thinks it’s “very pretty” (dressed in antique micarta/black liners).

I hope everyone receives their Rhino soon :)

PS: if anyone has leads for a fitting leather sheath(or knows whether any of the existing patterns for the EDC will fit the slightly modified new version), lmk. Thanks!

Last edited:
PS: if anyone has leads for a fitting leather sheath(or knows whether any of the existing patterns for the EDC will fit the slightly modified new version), lmk. Thanks!

I'd really recommend reaching out to @grogimus for a a leather sheath! Here's my EDC2 with a sheath made for the EDC1 - works perfect.

upload_2018-1-12_12-34-38-png.828038

upload_2018-1-12_12-36-29-png.828041

Cheers!
C.

He’s is my new EDC2 next to my used EDC. Both in unbuffed OD green micarta. So much darker with just the oil from my hands. I’m really digging the feel of the new EDC2. Wasn’t sure before I received it that it would replace the original but I’m think it very well may.
1l5orXl.jpg

Also a pic of the mashed cat sheath I had made for the. Great workmanship!
opnrjjX.jpg

Last edited:
Nice scales. I’ve been trying to reach Jo or Nathan about some, but their mailbox is full.

You can always try emailing Mrs. Jo directly and they have actually shared this before:

jo carothers with gmail being her email service provider ... Obviously no spaces and then you know the rest: dot blah blah...

I don't wish for this address to be picked up by phishing services, so I will revise and remove in a couple of hours...

Last edited:
Back