CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

Those are OD on the FK?
Yeah, A, those look like a well used set of OD scales to me. I have a set on an EDC1 that I probably have the most time on of any CPK I have, and they are just about chocolate brown, not a hint of green in them anymore.
Just a follow up, I always get accused of never taking pictures and chit, so, here you go. These are all OD green micarta scales. The EDC1 is the oldest and has had the most use. It is the darkest, and there really isn’t any green in them. The DEK1 is actually the newest as far as age goes, but it has been in fairly steady use for the last year or so. It hasn't darkened to the point of the EDC1, but it is well on its way. The FK2 is actually in the middle as far as age goes, but it has seen no carry time at all and is in as new condition from CPK. It’s probably two years old or so. While it may have dulled a little with age, it’s still pretty green.
4FC0B998-BD72-4B44-989C-E2C39233C171.jpeg45532B34-D330-48A7-9080-7615D13A2942.jpeg

Just a follow up, I always get accused of never taking pictures and chit, so, here you go. These are all OD green micarta scales. The EDC1 is the oldest and has had the most use. It is the darkest, and there really isn’t any green in them. The DEK1 is actually the newest as far as age goes, but it has been in fairly steady use for the last year or so. It hasn't darkened to the point of the EDC1, but it is well on its way. The FK2 is actually in the middle as far as age goes, but it has seen no carry time at all and is in as new condition from CPK. It’s probably two years old or so. While it may have dulled a little with age, it’s still pretty green.
View attachment 1730655View attachment 1730656
Thanks for the comparison. Really interesting to see the differences!

"It's olive drab green"
"??? Are ya color blind?"
"No. Really. It's olive drab green"

In the case of CPK owners;
"THIS is ODG"
"Ahhhh... safe queen, I see"

😂

Thanks for the comparison. Really interesting to see the differences!

"It's olive drab green"
"??? Are ya color blind?"
"No. Really. It's olive drab green"

In the case of CPK owners;
"THIS is ODG"
"Ahhhh... safe queen, I see"

😂
Some better, natural light photos of what old, used OD Green micarta looks like. These scales actually started life as unbuffed, they are pretty buffed now.
218FB393-184E-46E0-A8EA-FCCD8F47AB18.jpeg4721020C-1C6F-4C66-A991-8E8F525302A7.jpegE925CBDE-8682-4471-A0DD-BB5793F5BC85.jpeg
Almost all time spent in a Duramax belt sheath or Paul Long pocket sheath. Scales were never waxed or anything like that. Just oxidation, sunlight, blood, sweat, tears and probably some other bodily fluids at some point.

Yeah Max, it’s pretty easy to spot an OD scaled CPK that hasn’t done anything. If you use them for even a few months, they start turning chocolate pretty quick.

Some better, natural light photos of what old, used OD Green micarta looks like. These scales actually started life as unbuffed, they are pretty buffed now.
View attachment 1734137View attachment 1734138View attachment 1734139
Almost all time spent in a Duramax belt sheath or Paul Long pocket sheath. Scales were never waxed or anything like that. Just oxidation, sunlight, blood, sweat, tears and probably some other bodily fluids at some point.

Yeah Max, it’s pretty easy to spot an OD scaled CPK that hasn’t done anything. If you use them for even a few months, they start turning chocolate pretty quick.
Nice! That actually looks really good!

View attachment 1734137View attachment 1734138View attachment 1734139

Super lovely. I got my DEK with OD, but then I saw the reddish hue that natural micarta gets with use and I couldn’t wait

View attachment 1730655View attachment 1730656

Hey Marc,

It’s nice to see you come out of your reclusive shell to post some photos. You certainly have plenty of rare CPK’s to draw from for subject matter.

My experience mirrors your with the color changes on the unbuffed OD green micarta. Here is an older photo of my then new FK2 with my old EDC1. I have occasionally tried to degrease clean my EDC1 scales with 90% isopropyl alcohol. That makes it a little grippier again, but the original color is never coming back. That is OK with me.

i-F3ZLPDn-XL.jpg

Phil

P.S. - Good luck with your Boot Dagger trade. I would offer you something good if I didn’t already have a BD from a trade. ;)

Back